Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Engineer 2
Requisition ID: 7527170807
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Codman Neuro is the Neurological business focused on neurosurgery (CNS), neurovascular (CNV) and neuromodulation, offering a broad portfolio of solutions including programmable shunt systems, catheters, trauma monitoring devices, drug pumps, neurovascular coils, liquid embolics and vascular reconstruction devices.
Johnson & Johnson has agreed to sell the Codman Neurosurgery (CNS) business to Integra LifeSciences subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. This transaction is anticipated to close later this year 2017. Please be advised that should you be hired, upon completion of this transition, your employment and the position with Codman Neurosurgery will transfer to Integra LifeSciences.
The Quality Engineer 2 conducts assignments encompassing complete projects or portions of major projects. They ascertain which methods and techniques to be used or adapt standard methods to meet variations. They coordinate phases of work internally and externally.
You'll utilize Quality Engineering tools and practices for the effective and efficient development, transfer and maintenance of products/processes throughout the product lifecycle. You will also improve and maintain products/processes that are aligned with the overall Quality and Business vision. We utilize appropriate risk management to prevent unanticipated failure modes and improve capability of processes. You will support processes in base business.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support quality improvement initiatives such as process and product characterizations that lead to continuous / cost improvements.
- Review/analyze the effectiveness of PDCA, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean Techniques and/or other improvement tools and programs.
- Conduct benchmarking to develop more effective methods for improving quality
- Supports the development of quality engineering and quality compliance with the right skill sets for new product introductions, and product life cycle management.
- Review/analyze whether current product and processes (including actions or decisions conducted) are in compliance to standards such as the QSRs, ISO 13485, etc.
- Champions compliance to applicable Global Regulations and standards (e.g. QSRs, ISO, EN and Medical Device Directive (MDD) requirements) including providing support during internal and external audits.
- Conduct periodic line audits to assess for production controls such as lot segregation. Review results of area audits to ensure that corrective and preventive actions are adequate.
New Product/Process Introduction
- Partners with R&D and other cross functional partners to ensure the proper application of design controls, risk management and the investigation/correction of design failures/challenges.
- Supports new product introduction within design transfer.
Product Quality, Control & Disposition and Performance Standards
- Supports activities related to the Material Review Board.
- Conduct investigation, bounding, documentation, review and approval of non-conformances, CAPAs and customer complaints. Escalation of quality issues as appropriate.
- Responsibility for material identification, material segregation, classification of defect types including the successful application of these techniques on a day-to-day basis in manufacturing.
- Analyze/review effectiveness of preventive and corrective actions. Review root cause investigation according to an established process.
- Accountability and ownership of Quality metrics including maintenance and reviewing of leading and lagging indicators of quality
- Approve IQ, OQ, PQ, TMV or Software Validation
Production/Process Controls including Control Plans
- Partners with J&J Global Supply chain, Finished Goods and material suppliers to ensure appropriate application of process validation, process control, and risk management; and the investigation/correction of process failures when needed.
- Develop, interpret and implement appropriate process monitoring and control methods consistent with the level of process/product risk.
- Collect data and execute/conduct various analytical/statistical analysis and interpretation as part of process improvements and day-to-day support.
- Implement standard and non-standard sampling plans
- Assess effectiveness of measurement tools, destructive tests, non-destructive tests, measurement system analysis.
- Assess and interpret common versus special cause variation in manufacturing processing and determine adequacy of current process limits.
- Document, support, review or analyze whether a proposed change to a process will not enhance the risk level in some way beyond capability of current controls or whether change will result in potential non-compliance to a required standard such as the QSRs
- Assess the need for risk mitigation techniques given product classification, potential defect types, defect frequency, severity, patient risk, process capability, process controls, etc. Determine effectiveness of these techniques on previously implemented improvements
- Ensures effective quality strategies are created for the validation of test methods, process and design.
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree is required, preferably in Engineering or related technical field.
- This position requires 2+ years related work experience.
- Experience working in both an FDA and European regulatory environment is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of product/process Risk Management (FDA and ISO standards) is required.
- Technical training and experience using Statistics, Lean and Six Sigma Methodologies is preferred including Measurement System Analysis, SPC, DOEs, Reliability, etc.
- Strong knowledge of statistical software packages to preview, graph and analyze data and be able to present data that facilitates/drives decision-making is preferred.
- The ability to perform "hands on" troubleshooting and problem solving is preferred.
- Good technical understanding of manufacturing equipment and processes is required.
- Understanding of the NPI (New Product Introduction) process and Process Validation expertise is preferred.
- A deep understanding of GMP/ISO regulations and validation regulations is preferred.
- Demonstrated project management and project leadership abilities are preferred.
- This position may require up to 10% travel and will be based in an MD&D manufacturing facility.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)