Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Business Data Manager
Requisition ID: 7524180720
Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Business Data Manager, to be located in Jacksonville, FL, to support our Johnson and Johnson Vision business.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
You, the Principal Business Data Manager will be part of the QA Analytics and Insights team and will work with MAKE (manufacturing engineering and operations), QA, and IT from Johnson & Johnson Vision businesses to develop, lead, and execute sustainable and scalable solutions regarding data management, data quality, visualization and analytics usage.
This position is accountable for two significant responsibilities: technical solution design and data management. The ability to work with business partners to understand and develop high-level data management strategies and strictly enforce data management policies as well as getting into the details of solution architecture and specific data values, format, and business impact is vital to success in this role.
This position will innovate, develop, scale, implement and support technical solutions and data quality standards relating to data capture, data management, visualization, and advanced analytics. They will work closely with local, international, and Enterprise IT functions as well as QA and MAKE analytic functions. All aspects of leadership are expected: personal and team development, project and vendor management, communication and strategy. Strong interpersonal skills are required to advocate the endeavor and link the tactical findings to the organizational goals. A strong sense of advocacy and ownership should be conveyed to the partnering groups to ensure flawless execution and sustainability in a collaborative environment.
- Develop highly scalable and extensible Big Data platforms which enable collection, storage, modelling, and analysis of massive data sets
- Lead or assist with building distributed, reliable, and scalable data pipelines to ingest and process data in batch or real-time
- Develop and implement a data strategy to govern how data from disparate sources are collected, stored, organized, and consumed to ensure data accuracy, usefulness, and consistency over its life-cycle
- Review data for inconsistencies or anomalies that could skew analytical results
- Prioritize many significant initiatives by collaborating with business partners to understand business needs as well as educate others management on reasons for prioritization including cost, resource, and technical aspects, for example scoping, pricing and design of Big Data applications
- Lead multiple project teams to successfully complete all phases of a data analysis project on-time and on-budget, including but not limited to: Planning, Data Collection, Data Cleansing, Analysis, and Recommending Solutions
- Analyze external markets dynamics and multiple large data sources to assess trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations for internal software, hardware, storage enhancements
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- Creating and enforcing policies for effective data management (including a database change control process, data security and loss policies, and adherence to legal and company standards).
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is required; an advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of 8 years as Solutions Architect or Data Manager, with demonstrated experience in enterprise IT application is required
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in Big Data Solution Architecture is required
- Experience in more than one of the following tools: HIVE, Flume, HBase, Map-Reduce, Oozie, Sqoop, Spark, Impala, and/or Kudu is required
- Expertise in Big Data and data warehouse concepts is required
- Experience implementing good Data Management practices, including the development and execution of architectures, policies, and procedures to manage data lifecycle needs, is strongly preferred
- Experience building / optimizing processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management is required
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores is required
- Demonstrated project management and/or people management is required
- Experience implementing CDISC Standards, such as STDM / ADaM, is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles and concepts is preferred
- Displays strong communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills
- This position may require up to 10% domestic/ international travel and will be based in Jacksonville, FL
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)