Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Computational Modeling and Simulation Engineer III
Requisition ID: 7518180329
DePuy Synthes Spine, Inc a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Computational Modeling and Simulation Engineer III to be located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Senior Computational Modeling and Simulation Engineer III, contributes with limited oversight to the design characterization, verification and risk assessment of spinal implants and instrumentation. This includes communication with multiple disciplines, understanding of clinical issues, defining the clinically relevant testing parameters and applicable industry standards, and ensuring results are provided to the teams.
The Senior Computational Modeling and Simulation Engineer III will be responsible for the computational modeling and simulation aspects of a project, participating on cross-functional project team through all phases of the product development process, and assisting the technical team with planning, executing, documenting and communicating modeling & simulation activities. These activities include:
- Working closely with product development teams, project engineers, and research associates to design, execute, verify and validate, and report on computational modeling & simulation studies
- Assist in solving technical problems related to testing setups and methodology, unexpected failures and opportunities for design improvements
- Working effectively in a highly regulated industry, following all relevant medical device regulations, including GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), QSR (Quality Systems Regulations) and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) quality requirements
- Clearly and professionally communicate findings, technical challenges, and proposed resolutions to project teams and management
- Document activities utilizing good documentation practices (GDP)
- Author reports to meet industry (e.g. ASTM), regulatory (e.g. FDA) & internal company standards
- Actively contribute and review test plans and risk assessments (DFMEA)
- Analysis of output using Six Sigma statistical tools (e.g. Gauge R&R, DOE)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Mentor other engineers in computational modeling and documentation as needed and other duties as requested
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Structural Engineering is required. A graduate degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with computational modeling & simulation is required.
- Structural analysis using ANSYS, LS-DYNA and/or Hyperworks preferred.
- Multi-physics including thermal, fluids and/or electro-magnetic analysis using ANSYS CFD, Fluent, or HFSS is preferred.
- Experience with medical devices (Spine or Orthopedic) is highly preferred.
- Strong familiarity with mechanical testing techniques preferred.
- Strong familiarity with material modeling preferred including knowledge of fracture mechanics and/or failure models.
- Strong track record utilizing statistics is required.
- Familiarity with computational model verification and validation, design optimization and experimental design preferred (e.g. Gauge R&R and DOE).
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of manufacturing, mechanisms, materials, and test equipment are required.
- Familiarity with CAD is required, Siemens NX (Unigraphics) preferred.
- Must be able to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, ideas and knowledge to a diverse audience and work effectively as a team member within the research and testing group.
- Must be highly organized, able to work on concurrent projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.) is required. Proficiency in Mini-Tab or other statistics software package is preferred.
- The ability to review and critically assess computational modeling documentation and laboratory documentation is required.
- This position will be located in Raynham, MA and may require up to 10% travel.
If you want to explore the many small-company environments behind the big-company impact of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, bid on this position today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)