Senior Associate Scientist, Oncology Discovery – Solid Tumor
Your job alert was successfully created.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Oncology Discovery – Solid Tumor located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The candidate will join a drug discovery team to develop ground breaking biologics and small molecules for the treatment of cancer. S/he will work in an exciting/stimulating environment across the different stages of preclinical drug discovery (from target ID to preclinical candidate). Projects will include validation of new targets, characterization of therapeutic agents, and translational research. The candidate will be strongly motivated and dedicated, will show initiative and work independently. Troubleshooting skills are essential. S/he will demonstrate urgency, be organized, have the ability to work well in a team setting, show leadership and be sensitive to timelines. The scientist will effectively and frequently collaborate with colleagues in the oncology department as well as in the medicinal chemistry and antibody development groups, as well as present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Design, perform, interpret, troubleshoot, and report complex data.
• Run multiple experiments/projects simultaneously.
• Contribute on various projects outside of his/her own and collaborate with partners from all relevant functions.
• Keep up-to-date in the literature related to his/her field. Act as an experienced resource in his/her scientific field and in related disciplines.
• Clear and professional verbal and written communication with excellent presentation skills
• B.A./B.S. with 4+ years pharmaceutical research experience OR M.S. with 2+ years pharmaceutical research experience is required
• Experience in the cancer field is required
• Experience in translational research and/or biomarkers is preferred
• Excellent communication skills required
• Ability to perform tissue culture is required
• Drug discovery experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment (large or small molecules, PK/PD, understanding of drug properties, assay/model development) is preferred.
• Knowledge of pharmacology is preferred
• Cell/molecular biology skills (transfections, transductions, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, siRNA/shRNA, qRT-PCR, immunofluorescence, cell proliferation, FACS, and ELISA) is preferred.
• Experience working with immune assays (ADCC, cytokine release, T cell biology, immune cell purification and characterization) is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)