Johnson & Johnson Careers
Site Reliability Engineer
San Francisco, California
Requisition ID: 7504190212
BabyCenter (A Johnson & Johnson Company) is hiring a Site Reliability Engineer that will sit in our San Francisco, CA office.
BabyCenter, the #1 digital resource for new and expectant parents, is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer optimize our online infrastructure for supportability, availability and performance. The site reliability engineer will work within a content production team in our San Francisco office. BabyCenter is the world's partner in parenting. The #1 pregnancy and parenting digital destination, BabyCenter reaches more than 51 million moms and dads in every corner of the globe through its 11 owned and operated properties in nine different languages.
In the United States, 8 in 10 new and expectant moms online use BabyCenter each month. BabyCenter provides parents with trusted information, advice from peers, and support that's Remarkably Right® at every stage of their child's development. Products include websites, mobile apps, online communities, email series, social programs, print publications, and public health initiatives.
BabyCenter leverages its industry-leading audience engagement to provide unparalleled insights and innovative marketing solutions to the world's top brands, retailers, and institutions. BabyCenter is also committed to improving maternal health globally and, through its Mission Motherhood™ campaign, works closely with nonprofits, NGOs, and governments to help make motherhood safer for all women.
BabyCenter LLC is a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. Visit BabyCenter on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn, or follow @BabyCenter and @MomInsights on Twitter.
- Work as a software engineer to ensure systems are meeting reliability and performance standards
- Run software performance analysis and system tuning
- Collect and analyze metrics to drive quality and efficiency
- Develop, manage and administrate real-time production monitoring, instrumentation and telemetry
- Contribute to new designs for a growing number of distributed systems
- Design and implement the tools and processes used for deployment and change management
- Collaborate with Architecture and Operations in service capacity planning, demand forecasting, and anticipation of performance bottlenecks
- Build tools and infrastructure to improve software engineer productivity
- Participate in rotating on-call duties to diagnose and fix problems at the root cause
- Design, write, and maintain software to optimize availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency
- A BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics) OR equivalent professional, technical experience is required
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience is required
- Fluency in one or more of the following: java, php, python, ruby OR similar progamming language is required
- Experience supporting and scaling web services is required
- Experience working with Unix/Linux systems is required
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks is required
- Experience designing, integrating, and managing Continual Delivery systems is required
- Experience with log aggregation, APM, time series, and alerting tools is preferred
- Experience with Chef or other similar configuration management tools is preferred
- Experience with Amazon Web Services including EC2, ECS, S3, Code Deploy, and Cloud Formation is preferred
- Experience with Maven, Packer, Docker, Jenkins, Atlassian products, Code Deploy, or other Continuous Delivery tools is preferred
United States-California-San Francisco-
BabyCenter, LLC (6009)