Auris Health Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Staff Electrical Engineer, Advanced Development (Beds) located in Redwood City, CA.
Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming
medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics,
instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform
technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of
medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
The Staff Electrical Engineer is responsible for leading the architecture, development, and execution of electrical systems design within the Advanced Development team. Auris is seeking a highly motivated individual that is a self-starter and is passionate about designing elegant yet simple solutions for advanced, complex robotic systems.
In this role you will:
- Lead design of analog and power electronics for our next generation system
- Provide practical solutions for designing and integrating electronics supporting rapid system prototyping while maintaining a vision for the product architecture
- Work with cross functional teams to identify the customer needs and develop system to meet these needs.
- Collaborate with other electrical engineer and mechanical engineers on integration including, sensor selection, actuator selection, PCB and cable integration
- Develop system specifications, test plans, protocols, and reports for designs, including power, thermal, EMC, electrical safety and functional performance
- Debug analog, power, and communications related issues of system
- Design and test functional safety and optimal shielding/grounding for compliance
- Evaluate different modules and ICs to determine optimum solution for the application
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships
- Collaboration with the software team, and the systems team Document requirements, interfaces, document and implement test plans
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant electrical engineering experience is required.
- Design experience and schematic capture of low-noise analog, power electronics, and high- speed digital signal integrity required.
- Hands-on experience with building, debugging, and modifying product systems, and experience performing system failure analysis required.
- Experience designing and testing electronics in safety-critical applications required
- Experience in mitigating EMI, noise, and distortion to electrical signals required
- Experience in analog, low noise, and high precision electronic designs required
- Experience in designing and testing power electronics required
- Experience with operating oscilloscopes, DMMs, multi-meters, power supplies, etc. required
- Understanding of AC/DC motor operating principles and technical challenges required
- Experience working and communicating effectively in a cross-functional team of mechanical, software, and system engineers required
- Understanding of any of the electrical system interfaces such as EtherCAT, RS422/RS485, RS232, I2C, SPI, SSI, BiSS, USB and etc. required
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820.
- Must be a self-starter and fast learner. Work efficiently both independently and within a team with attention to details
- This position will be located in Redwood City, CA and may require up to 5% travel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Experience in Medical Device Design Control for IEC 60601 preferred
- Deep understanding of BLDC motor fundamentals and control techniques preferred
- Working within an Agile management system preferred
- Medical Surgical Robotics experience preferred
- Familiarity with Agile & JIRA preferred
- Demonstrated track record of developing programmable electronic systems architecture from concept to implementation, preferably for medical devices preferred
- Compliance experience for 60601-1, CISPR 22, UL in an FDA environment is a plus
- Hands-on experience in PCB SMD soldering and rework is a plus
- Experience with Altium PCB design tools is a plus
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or
feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are flexible Monday through Friday, generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)