Johnson & Johnson Careers
STAFF CONTROLS/TEST ENGINEER
Cincinnati, Ohio; Cincinnati, Ohio
Requisition ID: 7499181113
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc. member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Staff Controls/Test Engineer, located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, advanced energy, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Our R&D team of engineers, designers and technical experts are in the forefront of technology in the medical device industry. You will be making a vital contribution to the New Product Development pipeline and transforming patient care through innovation. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market enabling significant professional growth.
The individual selected for this position will be a key member of our Systems/Equipment teams, focusing on the development of the programming architectures for production Assembly and Test Equipment. Primary responsibilities include:
• The development/execution of PLC system architectures for manual, semi-automated, and automated equipment. (Design, Development, Qualification, and Launch).
• The development of PC and embedded software systems for test equipment, where necessary, to characterize and verify compliance with process requirements. (primarily LabVIEW).
• The development of assembly system data communication networks, interface with process monitoring software, and data export to manage the line’s Quality Operating System.
• Coordinate with vendors and provide controls specifications to ensure seamless integration.
• Work with New Product Development teams to identify the appropriate automation and controls.
• Act as a mentor to less experienced engineers.
• Develop and promote internal standards.
• A minimum of a BS in an engineering discipline is required. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science is preferred.
• Minimum (7) years direct experience in a large-scale production or product development environment is required.
• Significant experience with the design, development, and troubleshooting of PLC ladder logic for production and test equipment is required.
• Experience with Rockwell Software RSLOGIX platform is preferred.
• Significant experience with the usage of Camera Systems, Load Cells, Torque Transducers, and Data Acquisition hardware / software for in-process / final device testing is required.
• Significant experience with development of Custom Automation is required.
• Experience with Laser-based welding and marking systems, Mechanical Force & Torque testers, and Vision-assisted build stations is preferred.
• Familiarity with IQ, OQ, PQ, Final Acceptance Testing Strategies, Process Characterization activities.
• Experience within a medical or highly regulated environment is required.
• Experience creating new equipment requirements and managing interface control specifications for systems comprising electrical, mechanical, and software elements is required.
• Working knowledge of the development of software validation protocols and test cases is required.
• Experience supporting New Product Development projects, Process Failure Mode & Effects Analyses (PFMEA), Requirements development, and Launch support is preferred.
• Demonstrable communication skills, both written and oral, as well as effective leadership are required.
• Previous experience with surgical devices, procedures, and direct interactions with customers is preferred.
• Experience managing and participating in failure analysis, root cause development, and validation of corrective actions is preferred.
• This position is based in Cincinnati, Ohio, and may involve up to 20% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)