Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Director, Computational Biology
Requisition ID: 7498180329
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Associate Director will be a member of the Computational Sciences (CS) group based in Spring House, PA and reporting into the Senior Director Translational Platforms. The Associate Director will be expected to lead a group that performs data integration/analysis of a variety of omics platforms with a focus on next generation sequencing (NGS) data types (DNA, transcriptomics, epigenetics, etc.), to identify or validate potential therapeutic targets and biomarkers. This individual will build strong links to researchers involved in translational discovery projects within and outside of Janssen, and contribute to study designs and project advancement. This individual will also have opportunities to work with groups within Discovery Sciences (DS) in functional genomics, metabolomics and proteomics groups, particularly on data integration with genomics platforms. As an Associate Director, additional responsibilities include:
- Work with key partners to generate Omic data from clinical samples, in vivo preclinical models, and in vitro cell based models to determine patient segmentation, model translation, and pathway/target modulation.
- This data may be generated within and/or outside of Janssen so involvement in hypothesis generation, experimental design and validation of data quality etc. is a key responsibility.
- Development of the computational scientific strategy to support CS/DS mandated projects and development of the computational talent base.
- The candidate will act as key leader for establishing a network of CROs and academic labs to perform analyses.
- Develop fit for purpose partnerships (post-docs, FTE based, partnerships) to deliver required data and progress projects.
- Identify and an access next generation of technologies required for TID/VAL in line with DAS strategies.
- Working closely with external genomics and informatics academics & CROs
- A Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Genomics, Genetics, Translational Medical Informatics or related field with a minimum of 7 years post-degree experience is required
- A minimum of 3 years experience effectively managing and mentoring a team is required
- Background in computational biology applied to drug discovery is required
- Experience in Omic analysis and integrated Omic analysis is required
- Strong statistical analytic skill is required
- Understanding of hypothesis generation, experimental design and validation of data quality is required
- Experience handling data from clinical samples, in vivo preclinical models, and in vitro cell based models is preferred
- Expertise in cardiovascular, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience or oncology therapeutic areas is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)