Johnson & Johnson Careers
National Sales Director, Solid Tumor
Requisition ID: 7485190212
Janssen Biotech Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a National Sales Director, Solid Tumor to be based in Horsham, PA. This role is within the Janssen Oncology franchise.
For more than 30 years, Janssen Biotech, Inc. has delivered on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a rich legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech, Inc. pursues innovative solutions in the therapeutic areas of immunology, oncology, urology and nephrology. With the same unwavering passion for new challenges, we dedicate ourselves to delivering solutions for these disease states where unmet needs continue to exist. Rooted in rich scientific collaborations and community-based relationships, we have access to some of the top minds in science today, allowing us to advance the treatment of patients through our innovative medicines. Our discoveries lead us not only to new treatments, but also to new ways to empower patients and expand their access to quality care. For more about Janssen Biotech, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenbiotech.com.
This position will provide you with an exciting opportunity to make an impact on patients' lives.
The National Sales Director is a key leadership position within the Solid Tumor franchise of Janssen Oncology, reporting directly to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Solid Tumor. The incumbent will be responsible for strategically leading a team of Region Business Directors, District Managers and Specialists. Disease area focus are prostate cancer, and bladder cancer with a priority on both urologists and oncologists within physician offices, community and teaching hospitals. Position is responsible for:
- Strategic planning and tactical sales execution.
- Collaborating with cross-functional brand team and critical business partners to develop and execute national sales strategies and tactics for the solid tumor portfolio.
- Collaborating with senior management to translate brand strategies into actionable tactics for the sales force and develop standards across regions to measure success.
- Working with Regional Business Directors and key field business partners to develop regional field business plans that will meet or exceed brand objectives.
- Collaborating with business partners to develop, communicate and implement sales forecasts, sales call plans, key account plans, and sales incentive plans.
- Analyzing sales and operations data to monitor sales progress and develop corrective plans to improve sales force effectiveness/efficiency.
- Analyzing financial metrics of sales organization effectiveness, including budgeting, allocation/deployment of resources, return on investment strategies, etc.
- Creating a high-performance work environment in which he/she builds accountability at all levels in the organization through empowerment, involvement and collaboration.
- Fostering an environment where new ideas, alternative strategies and innovative thinking are valued and explored, while remaining compliant to Company standards.
- Leading talent development in the hematology sales organization: Drive mastery of requisite skills (business, selling skills, therapeutic understanding, territory management, etc.) of the sales organization by partnering with Sales Training by identifying key areas for development and developing appropriate curriculum. Ensure field force has completed appropriate training to ensure compliance to J&J training standards. Provide leadership for field management to ensure the recruitment, retention and development of a diverse pool of talent at all levels of sales management. Lead career development and succession planning forums for all levels of the sales organization, partnering across Janssen Oncology and with HR teams.
- Demonstrating strong partnering and collaboration skills to ensure alignment of efforts across Solid Tumor and Hematology sales organizations, as well as Key Accounts, Medical Affairs, and CSO teams.
The above is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Masters in related field or M.B.A is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of cross functional experience in key Commercial & Sales Leadership roles is required.
- A diverse cross functional experience, including 3+ years of in-line marketing and/or strategic marketing is preferred.
- Strong direct people management/leadership experience required
- Prior experience leading management level teams is required.
- Prior experience in sales as either a professional sales representative, DM or RBD is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated capabilities and traits for career path versatility to progress to other key roles are preferred.
- Ability to lead, develop, coach and engage high performing, diverse teams is required.
- Strong communication and leadership skills consistent with the J&J Leadership Imperatives (Connect / Shape / Deliver / Lead).
- A high level of commercial capabilities and clear cycles of success in prior commercial roles.
- Significant travel (approximately 30%-40%) including sales and medical meetings, training and field visits.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. (6014)