Johnson & Johnson Careers
Field Director (East), Key Accounts, Neuroscience - Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Requisition ID: 7480180719
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., (Neuroscience), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Field Director – Key Accounts (East), Neuroscience. This position includes the Eastern Region, but preference will be given to those who live in the Northeast.
Janssen Neuroscience is a company driven by dedication to product innovation, customer focus and employee and organizational excellence.
Our goal is to build on our leadership position in major existing therapeutic categories, while pioneering and taking the lead in new categories. We actively identify and pursue innovative business opportunities. We create partnerships that contribute to mutual success. People are our strength and the source of our growth. We are committed to providing a diverse, dynamic and challenging work environment where associates and their ideas can develop and thrive. Our focus on customers, partners, people and innovation creates sustainable, profitable growth and shareholder value. Our business practices reflect the responsibilities expressed in the Johnson & Johnson Credo.
As a leader in the industry, Neuroscience offers medications for the treatment of schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder and bipolar areas of mental health. Please visit our website at www.janssenpharmaceuticals.com to learn more about J&J and our products.
Reporting to the National Sales Director, The Field Director -Key Accounts (East), Neuroscience will be responsible for leading the Neuroscience Key Account Manager (KAM) field based team for the Eastern half of the United States. This KAM team is deployed in specified geographic areas and educates prioritized stakeholders (Behavioral Health Decision Makers) on the importance of the Neuroscience portfolio, empowering provider and payor systems to encourage optimal patient and care delivery.
The KAM team operate as the behavioral health local marketplace experts in neuroscience through:
- Serving as the local market strategy leaders for behavioral health on behalf of Janssen Neuroscience
- Delivering deep clinical (disease, product, value proposition) expertise to key regional/local systems
- Providing operational expertise on behavioral health delivery including patient and product flow
- Managing the complexity of the local payer and reimbursement environment
The Field Director, Key Accounts (East) has shared responsibility (with the Field Director, Key Accounts (West) for the development and successful implementation of a coordinated business plan with targeted objectives to achieve national success. These objectives will be accomplished through managing, developing, motivating, retaining, and compensating assigned personnel with the proper allocation of resources available. This individual will be required to think strategically and contribute to the Neuroscience business plan, commercial brand strategy, and future evolution & performance of the Neuroscience portfolio of products.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Hiring, training, coaching and developing a team of 10 Key Account Managers
- Overseeing, monitoring, and leading the field implementation of National / East region strategies for the KAM team
- Ensuring alignment to key business strategies, providing feedback and key insights necessary to adapt and improve current national strategies and Neuroscience marketing initiatives.
- Overseeing, monitoring, and leading the field implementation of local market efforts to include growing sales, protecting existing business, and staying up-to-date on market trends to shape future opportunities and develop emerging stakeholder relationships
- Build relationships with National / Semi-National level thought leaders and influence Population Health Decision Maker customers at the C&D suite level (e.g., CEO, CMO, CFO, Directors of Pharmacy, Behavioral Health Medical Directors, Quality, Nursing etc. in line with the KAM call plan).
- Has accountability to build collaborative and strategic partnerships within Neuroscience Marketing, Neuroscience Sales, Strategic Customer Group, Medical Affairs and Regional Outcomes to address market needs and achieve business goals.
- Reports to the National Sales Director, Neuroscience
- Due to the nature of this team and the innovative Key Account Manager role, it will require consistent adherence to all company compliance guidelines and updates
- 8+ years’ experience in sales/sales management or marketing/marketing management is required
- Neuroscience experience with a strong command of managed markets is preferred
- Experience in leading and developing people is required
- Demonstrated track record leading highly matrixed, cross-functional work teams is required.
- Experience developing and implementing business plans is required along with ability to analyze market dynamics and develop strategic and tactical plans
- Large account management experience is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in overseeing and managing a team preferred
- 50% travel required
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)