Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist II, Specialty Beauty
Princeton, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 7476180719
NeoStrata Company, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist II, Specialty Beauty, located in Princeton, NJ.
NeoStrata Company, Inc., a global leader in Specialty Beauty with professionally-endorsed brands including NeoStrata®, Exuviance® and CoverBlend® develops and markets innovative antiaging skincare products incorporating the Company’s propriety ingredient technologies including patented bionic acids, Aminofil®, and N-acetyl glucosamine.
You will support new product development of global projects for Specialty Beauty Brands. You will perform all formulation tasks and will work with cross-functional teams to launch a product. Responsibilities and primary duties include formulation prototype development and batching.
• Formulate products by incorporating Marketing and R&D feedback.
• Perform all formulation tasks including batching, stabilities, raw material qualification
• Support documentation of the project including specifications, manufacturing procedures and compiling required documents for launch
• Submit products for clinical testing, safety and micro testing and help to determine the testing plan
• Troubleshoot formulation issues and provide product development support for scale-up
• Collaborate with cross functional teams (Packaging, Tech Transfer, Marketing, Project Manager, Claims) to ensure all project deliverables are met and on-time.
• Conduct competitive product analysis and trend analysis
• Support external manufacturing opportunities and direct formulation work where appropriate
• Interact with suppliers to bring in new technologies and begin building a technical expertise in dermo-cosmetic and prestige products
• Maintain lab equipment, good documentation practices, work in internal systems and databases
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
• Minimum of a BS Degree with 3 years of experience OR a MS Degree with 0-2 years of experience required. Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmacy or cosmetic field preferred.
• Minimum 1 year of formulations experience required; preferably in skin care, hair care, cosmetics or sunscreen.
• Experience launching products preferred.
• Strong time management and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to multitask required.
• Ability to work in Princeton, NJ is required.
United States-New Jersey-Princeton
NeoStrata Company, Inc (6231)