Johnson & Johnson Law Department is currently recruiting for a Senior Counsel position within the Pharmaceutical Patent Group. The preferred location for this position is J&J World Headquarters in Springhouse, PA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The responsibilities of this Senior Counsel include representing and advising Johnson & Johnson’s pharmaceutical businesses and R&D units in the areas of patent law and strategy; drafting and negotiating transactional agreements; conducting third-party IP diligence; and oversight of contractual corporate relationships. This position primarily supports the Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases Therapeutic Area.
- A minimum of a law degree from an internationally or nationally recognized university is required along with active registration, in good standing, with a state bar and as a U.S. patent attorney.
- Educational and/or work experience in the U.S. or with a U.S. based multinational corporation is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of biotechnology patent experience at a law firm or in-house legal department of a multinational corporation is required.
- Prior experience in the life sciences industry, an advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in life sciences, and experience with licensing transactions is preferred.
- The candidate must be fluent in both written and spoken English, be able to communicate effectively, and demonstrate the ability to counsel senior management.
- A positive attitude, the ability to work independently and across business functions and cultures with teams across multiple time zones are required.
- The ability to accommodate occasional travel is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)