Johnson and Johnson is recruiting for a Leader, Assignee Tax Programs located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As part of Talent Mobility, this leader guides the team on tax policy, governance and manages global tax supplier management and providing specific subject matter expertise on all tax relocation related matters globally.
- Partnering with internal corporate tax partners and our external tax provider to develop and design programs that are aligned with the enterprise’s values, initiatives and priorities;
- Developing scalable solutions to coordinate tax programs including delivery of all assignee/employee tax services (consultations, tax preparation services)
- Partner with colleagues in Total Rewards, Global Benefits and Global Payroll teams to design mechanisms that ensure accuracy in assignee payroll globally
- Apply technical tax knowledge to complex situations and maintain and build international tax technical skills by keeping up to date on trends and developments
- Provide advice and counsel to J&J business units, international personnel and assignees on matters of expatriate policy, tax policy employee cross-border movement including foreign national and expatriate issues, foreign tax compliance and the tax equalization process.
- Oversight of international assignment-related calculations such as tax cost projections, tax equalization calculations, hypothetical tax calculations, etc.
- Conduct research on various topics such as technical or treaty interpretation/application, regulatory issues, and payroll matters
- Ensure effectiveness and accuracy of global expatriate tax filings, tax equalizations, and overall tax compliance
- Resolve expatriate tax issues in matters of compensation, collections, country tax policy and planning
- Develop strong working relationships with external tax, relocation, and immigration vendors.
- · Consult Compensation & Benefits group on taxation of executive compensation plans
- BA/BS in Accounting required
- A minimum of 8 years of tax experience with at least 4 in expatriate and short-term assignment tax administration experience required
- Public accounting experience required
- CPA preferred
- People management experience preferred
- Strong program management experience delivering customer centric and scalable expat tax solutions – required
- Proven ability to partner across multiple functions, influencing without authority is required.
- Knowledge of tax equalization and U.S. payroll reporting/compliance requirements, including gross-ups, is required
- Experience with analyzing international income tax treaties & determining individual taxability is required
- Computer skills (including tax research database) are required
- Proven ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- This position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ and require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)