Johnson & Johnson Careers
SR DIRECTOR R&D DATA SCIENCE TOOLS
Requisition ID: 7446181113
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. is a division of Johnson & Johnson and we are currently recruiting for a Senior Director, Janssen R&D Data Science Tools.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Janssen R&D (JRD) is an organization of 11,000+ people with an operating budget of $7B, which includes JRD Therapeutic Areas (Cardiovascular/Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases/Vaccines, Neuroscience, Oncology, Pulmonary Hypertension) and JRD Global Functions. In addition, the Senior Director, R&D Strategy and Operations will partner to evaluate JRD current strategy, shape future strategy, align for execution and implementation.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Senior Director, Janssen R&D Data Science Tools you will serve as a key advisor to the Vice President, Janssen Research & Development (JRD) Data Science Operations, Platforms and External Partnerships. You will effectively partner to design and create platforms to enable analyses within and across multiple Therapeutic Areas in Janssen.
The primary location for this position is Spring House, PA. Consideration will be given to other locations (e.g., Raritan, NJ, La Jolla / San Francisco, CA, Boston, MA, and Beerse, Belgium).
- You will work closely with the VP and front-line operators to design and development informatics, applied data science and advanced analytical tools to inspire change and promote a data-driven mindset.
- You will partner across the Janssen R&D organization to problem solve and craft solutions to fully enable a robust R&D data science capability.
- Partner with the Johnson & Johnson Technology (IT) department and other key departments to design JRD data platforms that enable therapeutic and functional areas be at the forefront of data driven competitiveness.
- Lead a team of technology authorities to acquire tools that support data scientists to view and engage with multiple sources of data (device generated, patient generated, EHR, claims, ‘omic, biomarkers, RNA, etc.).
- Play a major role in crafting and piecing together the development of tools for platforms that enable data integration, data cleaning, descriptive analysis, predictive analysis, exploratory analyses, data mining, text analytics, rapid prototyping, and data visualization for example.
- Quickly assess the potential benefit of data management tools to help prioritize what to spend engineering energy and time on & measure and summarize efficacy and product impact.
- Provide expert internal consulting services by topic/technique as needed and liaise with external consulting firms to bring the best of data science tools & technologies to Janssen R&D.
- Identify emergent trends and opportunities for partnerships/ M&A opportunities.
- Guide a team of software developers to build, train, and maintain machine learning and statistical models and lead product performance and stress testing with the development team.
- Consolidate input from across the therapeutic areas and functional areas to ensure that all views are represented.
- Ensure appropriate resource deployment across Janssen therapeutic areas.
- Has overall control and responsibility of data management tool planning, staffing, budgeting, handling expensing priorities and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- Collaborate with Senior Director of Platform, Janssen IT and design JRD data management tools to enable therapeutic and functional areas be at the forefront of data driven competitiveness.
- Minimum Education required: Master’s degree and 15 years of experience or PhD or MD and 8 years of experience in Mathematics, Information Technology, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in leading the creation and development needs of computational or/and analytic platforms via leading the development of the necessary analytical tools is required.
- Expertise with clinical data and interoperability standards (CCDA, HL7, FHIR) is highly preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively execute design specifications for analytic platforms is preferred.
- Experience contributing to creative analytical solutions is preferred.
- Experience with clinical software in the health care field is preferred.
- Strong record of proven leadership and communication skills is preferred.
- Travel 10% domestic and global overall is required.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)