Janssen R&D, a member of Johnson & Johnsons Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist DMPK, for the Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK), located in San Diego, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Department of Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high-quality clinical candidates in all Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as a Principal Scientist – Project Leader reporting to the Site Head, DMPK. This position will be based in San Diego and will require travel to other R&D sites up to 10-15% time.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for DMPK during all stages of drug discovery and early development
- Play a critical role in the selection of lead compounds and nomination of development candidates, collaborating closely with Medicinal Chemistry, Biology, Toxicology and Clinical Pharmacology
- Establish DMPK strategies that align with program goals and strive for high quality drug candidates
- Propose mechanistic approaches to understand the issues and drive drug discovery efforts
- Prepare preclinical DMPK reports according to regulatory standards
- Initiate and facilitate collaborations with global DMPK, biology, modeling/simulation and clinical pharmacology colleagues in support of PKPD
- Effectively communicate DMPK data and their relevance to multidisciplinary project teams, management, regulatory authorities, and potential partners
- Ph.D. in pharmacokinetics, drug metabolism, or related discipline with a minimum of 8 years of relevant industrial experience in the evaluation of small molecule therapeutics required
- Experience with non-small modalities (e.g. peptides, oligonucleotides) required
- Broad understanding of DMPK concepts and relevant areas such as physicochemical properties, drug metabolizing enzyme & transporter kinetics, pharmacokinetics, mechanistic biotransformation and analytical sciences required
- General understanding of PKPD concepts required
- Ability to translate data into project relevance as part of anticipating and/or mitigating project challenges required
- Ability to integrate data from multiple sources into a rational understanding of drug disposition required
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, priority setting and adherence to project and departmental best practices and timelines required
- Evidence of leadership in the DMPK field and a proven track record of scientific achievement & project influence, including ability to influence external scientific and regulatory practices through publication and other interactions required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills are essential required
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)