Johnson & Johnson Careers
San Angelo, Texas
Requisition ID: 7434190212
Ethicon Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Laboratory Supervisor.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact.
The Laboratory Supervisor will handle and coordinate the activities of the Quality Control associates engaged in sorting, testing, and inspecting products and raw materials in order to ensure compliance with quality standards and production schedules.
• Operating in compliance within current GMPs. This includes the ability to understand, write and apply SOPs to meet GMP requirements for documenting, testing and maintaining accurate laboratory records
• Working closely with R&D in support of development, troubleshooting, validation and transfer test methods to a commercial QA/QC laboratory
• Supporting Laboratory Instrument/Software Lifecycle Management
• Initiating and investigating non-conforming laboratory test results as well as potentially escalating stability alerts and quality issues to management
• Using knowledge of scientific techniques to independently troubleshoot product quality issues of a complex nature with a sense of urgency
• Providing training for others on test methods, protocols, specifications, laboratory core competencies and SOPs
• Working with cross functional teams to successfully resolve audit findings, product non conformances, customer complaints, to execute Corrective/Preventive Actions and/or to improve product design
• Independently leading large projects as wells as facilitating projects according to priorities and providing periodic updates to management
• Providing innovative ways to solving technical problems and troubleshooting with limited mentorship from management or other scientific personnel while maintaining a high level of cGMP awareness
• Performing in a leadership role (team leader on intra and inter-departmental teams
• Initial and final review of data generated by peers and contract laboratories.
• Act as BOP Walkthrough Lead/Designee for the Site Management Team
• 6-8 years' experience with Bachelor of Science Degree performing dynamically advanced duties at the Senior Scientist Level.
• 4 to 6 years' experience with Master of Science Degree performing dynamically advanced duties at the Senior Scientist Level.
• 2 to 4 years' experience with PhD performing dynamically advanced duties at the Senior Scientist Level.
• Ability to use Laboratory Software Applications such as Chromatographic Data Systems, Laboratory Execution Systems and Laboratory Information Management Systems.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Good social, interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
• Able to interact well with peers and colleagues
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Texas-San Angelo-
Ethicon Inc. (6045)