Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Scientist, Colon Organoid Specialist will support pre-clinical drug discovery programs for Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Interception within the Oncology Therapeutic Area of Janssen. This position involves lab-directed efforts and interactions with both internal and external partners to advance the organoid expertise for CRC interception. Specifically, the SENIOR SCIENTIST candidate will be responsible for initiating and culturing organoids derived from mouse and human normal colon and colorectal cancer biopsies. Moreover, the candidate will examine drug responses in colon organoids as well as characterize mode of action using RNA-seq, epigenetic analysis, and other omics techniques.
Prospective candidates should have at least 3-5+ years of bench experience working within a colon organoid laboratory. Experience supporting and leading drug and omic profiling studies in organoids is required.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Growing human and mouse organoids and maintaining internal organoid bank.
• Performing drug treatment experiments using organoids
• Performing MOA experiments using omic technologies
• Participating on project teams
• Participating in external collaborations
The qualified candidate will understand, analyze, and interpret various forms of data and synthesize results in powerpoint presentations to align with Colorectal Cancer Interception strategies.
Experience working in multidisciplinary teams is required, and will require excellent communication skills, and a strong ability to present data in an organized fashion. The candidate must perform meticulous record keeping and generate scientific reports to support preclinical drug development. Ability to contribute to documents to support IND filings, patent applications, external conference posters and journal articles is preferred. Candidate will be expected to lead scientific efforts on specific identified programs.
• Ph.D. degree in a biology-related field is preferred
• 3-5+ years of laboratory experience in a colon organoid laboratory setting supporting Oncology efforts
• Drug development experience, particularly around small molecule programs, is preferred.
• Preclinical pharmacology experience required including design and conduct using organoid models of disease.
• Colorectal cancer expertise in areas such as microbiology, immunology, oncology, cell and/or molecular biology expertise is preferred.
• Working knowledge of Office programs (Excel), FlowJo, Graphpad Prism, Spotfire, and other data management systems.
• Must have exceptional written and oral communication skills, strong troubleshooting ability and organization skills.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)