Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Finance Data Quality Analyst located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the newly formed Global Financial Data Governance Organization for a Finance Data Governance Metrics and Reporting Analyst. This Finance role will report directly to The Global Finance Data Quality Manager.
The role will play a critical part in helping Global Finance to drive transformational change in the way we use our financial data. As we execute the SigniFi roadmap, it is critically important that we have a way to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of this program on our Finance Data Quality.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working across the Global Finance Data Governance Organization to support the definition of meaningful data quality and data governance KPI’s, and developing scorecards to track and report against these KPI’s to measure the efficiency, effectiveness, adoption and business impact of the data governance program, as well as data quality initiatives, and communicating the results to the Data Governance Program team and the Data Governance Council. They will also support both the data governance and data quality intake processes ensuring a robust solution is in place to capture all data governance and data quality demands and to action these requests in a prioritized and timely manner. This will require the role to support the Global Finance Data Quality Manager in developing and implementing technology to support these processes.
- Co-ordinate the data quality and data governance intake process with regional hubs.
- Creates, tracks and publishes data governance and data quality KPI's with actionable commentary.
- Supports analysis to determine root cause, impact, and severity of data quality issues
- Collects, stores and organises data requirements to support the KPI reporting.
- Supports data quality lead in the communication of output to the data governance organisation and data governance council.
- Support prioritisation of data quality issues and track resolution effort.
- Supports data profiling initiatives as required by the program.
- Manage the continuous improvement process, engaging with all sectors/regions to gather current data/systems issues on a monthly basis and to provide an executive summary of this input to Data Governance program.
- Provide support to adhoc projects in the finance data quality area.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A CPA/CMA or equivalent qualification is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working with the finance function is required.
- Ability to understand impacts of data across business functions and business units is required.
- Analytical thinking. Ability to prioritize issues and change requests are required.
- Ability to develop strong business partnerships is required.
- Experience working with Master Data / data migration is required.
- Excellent Excel skills including use of Pivot tables, Vlookup, etc. is required.
- Experience using visualization software such as tableau for reporting purposes is preferred.
- Experience working within a data governance organization is preferred.
- Experience in profiling data is preferred.
- This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ and may required up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)