Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer, Surgical Robotics R&D, located in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made meaningful contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market to support the Johnson & Johnson Digital Surgery and Robotic efforts. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Our R&D team of engineers, designers and technical experts are in the forefront of technology in the medical device industry. You will be making a vital contribution to the New Product Development pipeline and transforming patient care through innovation. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market enabling significant professional growth.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is excited by building transformational surgical capabilities.
- You will be leading technical design, development, and implementation across advanced sensing, communications, and system controls through applications of electrical / electro-mechanical technologies. This position holds accountability for our critical enabling technology programs and will work closely with our internal R&D teams and with external development partners.
- You will be a technical leader responsible for projects from conception through final execution, partnering with other core development teams including mechanical, biomedical, equipment/testing development, and clinical disciplines to integrate enabling technologies across a broad array of surgical solutions.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or a related science/ engineering degree is required. Advanced Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience or a combination of advanced education and industry experience in a high tech environment such as robotics
- Must be a self-starter and able to work on tasks independently
- Strong electrical design and analysis skills, including an understanding of electrical systems and subsystem interface to overall system design. This will include digital, analog, and mixed signal technologies. Knowledge of electronic manufacturing is also key to this role.
- Track record in R&D delivering solutions with complex system components and architecture is required.
- Ability to quickly pick up and own new concepts and to contribute with innovative solutions
- Excellent collaboration and teaming skills to work with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to understand the considerations associated with Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design to Cost (DTC), and working with other team members and consultants to produce prototypes and optimize designs for manufacturability.
- Experience translating high-level customer needs into technical options and analyzing the tradeoffs and business impact.
- Experience with defining requirements, test acceptance criteria, developing test methods, and creating test protocols/reports is required.
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Experience with leading design control activities and design history file implementation per FDA & CE mark standards for medical devices
- Building prototypes, products, and systems for testing, along with setting up and running laboratory simulations.
- Experience working with software, firmware, and hardware.
- Experience working with wireless communications.
- Experience working with schematics, layouts, and design analysis (OrCad, Cadence, PSpice, MATLAB).
- Experience in PCB drafting, flex circuit design, NFC / RFID design / analysis, RF-multiphysics FEA simulation / analysis, and antenna design / analysis.
- Strong experience in sensors and sensor development.
- Experience with debugging and validation of digital designs including signal processing.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)