Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager R&D, Advanced Innovation
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 7387180328
DePuy Synthes, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior R&D Manager, Advanced Innovation to be located in Raynham, MA. This position may require up to 20% domestic and international travel.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Senior R&D Manager , Advanced R&D Innovation will be responsible for the identification and, evaluation of new technologies and materials to address the key unmet needs for Orthopedics in disease state areas such as osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, and degenerative disc disease; you will provide scientific and technical assessment of opportunities and work with key internal and external partners to develop and execute viable clinical and economic value propositions. This requires gaining an understanding of user needs, market trends, and evidence required to demonstrate effectiveness, scenarios and technology trends likely to shape the space. . You will focus on developing regenerative medicine solutions for orthopedic applications, including novel treatments for pathologies in cartilage, bone and soft tissues as well as treatments for major disease states within Orthopedics.
The Senior R&D Manager will:
- Lead through influence and collaboration in a highly matrixed environment and efffectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to multiple internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Prioritize tasks and lead a dynamic workload, exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills and interface effectively with project teams, management and surgeons.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and follow through in executing project initiatives, overcoming obstacles and balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Assess and conduct diligence on external assets that can become part of a high value asset portfolio. .
- Present opportunities to senior management, gain alignment on funding and deliverables.
- Establish, execute, and report on funded product development deliverables, taking project from concept, clinical program to commercialization either through internal team or external partners
- Actively participate and influenceportfolio strategy discussions.
- Develop a deep understanding of competitive, technology and IP landscape.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience OR a Master’s degree with a minimum 8 years relevant work experience OR a PHD Degree with minimum 5 years relevant work experience is required.
- A degree focused in Polymers, Biology, Biomedical, Chemical Engineering, Biomaterials Engineering or Materials Science is required.
- Experience in medical device or pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Experience working in a regulated industry is preferred
- Knowledge of vitro tissue culture, biomechanics, cGMP or in vivo/preclinical musculoskeletal models is strongly preferred.
- Familiar with disease states as well as have direct experience in evaluating cell- scaffold (polymeric or biologic based) interactions, drug formulations, and/or design of preclinical studies is also strongly preferred.
- Experience with advanced technologies, cell based therapies, bioactives, drugs, and/or scaffold based technologies for use in musculoskeletal tissue repair is preferred.
- Knowledge of latest advancements in 3DP technologies is desirable
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, with experience presenting to senior management are required
- This position will be located in Raynham, MA and may require up to 20% domestic and international travel
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)