Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson.
You are a transformative leader who is motivated by the opportunity to shape the future of Strategic Business & Field Planning and Customer Insight generation for Janssen Canada in tandem with leaders from across the organization. You are passionate about enabling change initiatives that create coordinated, aligned and impactful customer facing strategy and execution to drive competitive differentiation. We are looking to hire highly accomplished pharmaceutical professionals with demonstrated commercial acumen into these critical and rich roles. The role supports our talent strategy through providing unique opportunities to learn and demonstrate deep strategic expertise, functional excellence, broad enterprise influence & change management.
This is a unique opportunity for cross functional business leadership. This role will challenge the individual to deliver real impact within the business utilizing strategic credibility, future orientation and exceptional communication and influencing skills in a high matrix environment.
As part of a newly created team, this role will report to the Director, Business Planning & Strategic Operations; Director, Field Planning & Strategic Operations.
This position will play a critical role in enhancing decision-making and enabling industry-leading execution for the brands and franchises. You will enable the adaptation and application of planning standards and insight generation through the cross-functional brand team, with accountability for the activation of the end-to-end business planning process from customer and brand planning, to national and regional go-to-market strategies, and customer engagement.
Specific areas of accountability:
- Deliver and implement Measurement Plan and related Metrics: Work with cross-functional leads to finalize measures of success related to Go-To-Market objectives established by the business, conducting assessments in partnership with business to inform effectiveness. Work with SMEs within the Customer Analytics team to process measures and adapt dashboards.
- Deliver & implement Customer Insight Generation Plan: Work with the brand leader to capture Key Business Questions through Business Planning and convert into customer insight plan (market research and/or data analysis). Work with SMEs within the Customer Analytics team to manage plan implementation.
- Enable the Planning process: Work with the brand leader to adapt and facilitate the planning approach aligned with Janssen business & field planning standards, identification of KPI’s & measurement + monitoring of plans. Work with the SMEs within the Business & Field Planning teams to gain proficiency.
- Enable Omni Channel brand campaigns: Work with brand leader to build and implement customized process to design and execute omnichannel go-to-market campaigns, consistent with direction from the brand leader. Work with the SMEs within the Omni Channel team to gain proficiency.
- Lead CRM application: Orient cross functional brand team to available compliant capabilities of the tool. Work with the brand leader to implement and guide tool activation. Includes leading customer prioritization initiatives and consulting with the SMEs within the Customer Analytics team to determine business requirements and collaborate with them to inform development of new tools that enhance effectiveness.
- Cross-functional Team Orientation: Responsible for orienting and onboarding new cross-functional franchise team members to the customer experience planning elements mentioned above.
- University degree (science or business related; MBA an asset)
- 5-8 years of progressive experience in pharmaceutical with minimum 3 years of Marketing Management is required
- Experience in Medical Affairs is an asset
- Validated leadership competencies including critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, tenacity, influence and resilience
- Demonstrated critical thinking through challenging business situations and opportunities
- Demonstrated success and deep understanding of overall business assessment and planning
- Demonstrated ability in leading internal collaboration of teams / stakeholders across the enterprise, leveraging broad range of cross functional skills and perspectives to create alignment
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo creating positive change
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) including the ability to understand and present complex concepts clearly and concisely
- Strong project management skills including the ability to manage multiple demands within tight timelines
- English-French bilingualism an asset
- Willingness and ability to travel (10% travel – nationally and internationally)
- Demonstrated interest and ability to move to positions of increased responsibility in the future
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Janssen Inc. (7710)