Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an IT Lead Business Analyst, located in Titusville, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
At Janssen Pharmaceuticals, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The North America Commercial Pharmaceutical IT Customer Engagement Product Line team provides IT solutions to Janssen’s Sales, Marketing and Medical Information Center (MIC) business functions using a Veeva CRM and Salesforce.com (SFMC) Service Cloud solution set named iCONNECT.
This role will be expected to apply Salesforce.com and Veeva expertise to identify the best solutions for troubleshooting, resolving and advancing the iCONNECT platform in support of the Medical Information Center’s evolving business needs. The Business Analyst will manage issue-resolution, as well as deliver enhancements and larger scale projects by collaboratively working across all stakeholders. In addition, this role is responsible for authoring and maintaining System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Release Management deliverables in a GxP High environment.
- Understand business problems and conditions.
- Develop and manage business requirements / user stories.
- Communicate vision to developers and testers.
- Continuously evolve CRM technology skills and maintain awareness of emerging technologies.
- Create and maintain SOPs, Work instructions and other quality and compliance documents.
- Perform periodic reviews of system SOPs to ensure product line quality and compliance.
- Manage System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) deliverables.
- Identify metrics to measure process improvement.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of IT professional experience is required.
- Demonstrated success in project management and SDLC is required.
- Experience with CRM and or Salesforce.com is required.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills with exceptional interpersonal skills is required.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and achieve results in a complex, rapidly changing environment is required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, maintain confidentiality, and operate with integrity and professionalism is required.
- SFDC Service Cloud, Lightning, Communities is preferred.
- Jira/Xray experience preferred.
- Life Sciences Industry and GxP background preferred.
- Experience managing vendor resources preferred.
- Agile/Scrum Team BA skills preferred.
- This position is located in Titusville, NJ and may require about 15% travel within the New Jersey/Pennsylvania area and occasional travel across North America is possible.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)