Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Engineering Leader
Requisition ID: 7372171218
DePuy Synthes, a Johnson & Johnson Company, is recruiting for a Senior Engineering Manager for their Raynham MA site.
DePuy Synthes develops and markets orthopedic products to treat muscular skeletal disease and to repair and reconstruct traumatic skeletal injuries. Johnson and Johnson is the world’s leading medical device company. Our innovations impact the lives of millions of people every day.
Reporting to the DePuy Synthes Director of Engineering, Science & Technology for Joint Reconstruction, the Senior Engineering Manager for DePuySynthes Raynham MA is responsible for leading and directing all engineering & technology activities within DePuySynthes Raynham while actively participating in and leading elements of the Global Engineering, Science & Technology initiatives, designed to progress and improve performance across Global Orthopedics.
The core purpose of the role is to lead and manage the manufacturing, process and maintenance engineering functions in DePuySynthes Raynham. This will involve the development & delivery of technologies and solutions to support quality performance, improvement in process reliability and enhancement of value to our customers and shareholders. The role will require the working knowledge and application of project management and lean manufacturing tools, maintenance excellence and innovation of management principles, and will be accountable for the execution of elements of global engineering & technology strategies.
The successful candidate will be a member of the site leadership and cluster engineering management teams and will possess a strong strategic vision and a willingness to be hands-on in all aspects of manufacturing and supply chain operations as appropriate.
The DePuy Synthes engineering function provides support to the manufacturing sites throughout the entire product lifecycle:
- Leadership of Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering, Maintenance, and Tool Room in supporting the DePuy Synthes manufacturing operation
- Collaboration with R&D at early stage of products development to provide design for manufacture guidance
- Development of manufacturing processes for new product introduction/product transfer including new equipment and technologies procurement, commissioning and validation
- Execution of strategic initiatives such as capacity growth and product transfer
- Continuous process improvement to drive and improve site quality, cost reduction and productivity goals and metrics
- Advanced Engineering projects to support an innovation pipeline and future growth
- Site PMO management across all pillars (Plan-Make-Source-Deliver)
- Leadership of talent development and organizational people strategy
- Support the continuous development of Global engineering excellence through the effective use of talent in in key assignments in the Engineering Excellence program
- Ability to influence at various levels of an organization & a strong ability to communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders
- Prioritization of key initiatives in alignment with short and long-term strategies based on needs of customers and overall business
This role is recognized within the organization as being of key strategic importance in terms of enabling the business to remain competitive and grow market share.
- Business Improvements: business improvement initiatives such as process development to leading to safety, quality and cost improvement
- New Product/Process Introduction: ownership and execution of NPI programs assigned to the manufacturing site
- Production Process capacity: Development of business cases and execution of manufacturing capacity programs to match market demand
- Leadership: Leadership of technical teams supporting the site, including their professional development, the identification and recruitment of exceptional talent, and the development of compelling career progression paths for each team member. Furthermore, this position, as a key member of the plant leadership team, will play a vital role in developing organizational culture and continuously evolving employee engagement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or a related Discipline is required.
- A minimum of 8 years overall industrial engineering experience and minimum of 3 years’ experience managing engineers or other technical personnel is required.
- Program and project management qualifications and expertise working with multi-functional teams in an engineering/operational environment is required.
- Experience with financial systems and business case development is required.
- Previous experience in a senior technical/management role in a medical device, aerospace, automotive or high-tech industry is required.
- Experience with managing a Maintenance function in a regulated industry is preferred.
- An advanced degree such as MBA, MSc/Ph.D. in Science, Engineering or a related Discipline is preferred.
- Minimum Six Sigma green belt certification is preferred.
- Automation experience for low to medium volume production is preferred.
- Material Science or Metallurgy experience is preferred.
- This position requires 10% of travel.
- This position is located in Raynham, MA.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)