Ethicon is recruiting for a Senior R&D Manufacturing Development Engineer to be located in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made meaningful contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market to support the Johnson & Johnson Digital Surgery and Robotic efforts. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
The R&D Manufacturing Development Engineer is responsible for acting as a team member on R&D product development projects leading and conducting various assignments in partnership with a team & team leader. This represents an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is excited by building transformational surgical capabilities within Surgical Robotics, working in a multi-functional environment of leadership globally.
- Lead and assist in setting objectives & planning schedules of specific manufacturing development tasks within a project.
- Conduct assignments encompassing entire project or a large portion of a major project. This may include resolving advanced materials, process, inspection/testing or procedural approaches to advance a medical device through the R&D cycle and into commercialization.
- Lead a high level of coordination activities with internal & external customers.
- Lead and support a high level of communications across a team as well as with Surgical Robotics leadership.
- Apply comprehensive & diverse knowledge of engineering principles to a broad range of assignments. Have the ability to actively engage both design and supply chain disciplines to direct and coordinate project activities.
- Plan, conduct & direct engineering assignments to completion.
- Provides a leadership role and serves as SME by providing high level guidance to strategies involving long-term vision of technologies. Provides business with technical guidance in highly visible and complex situations across the business and enterprise.
- Responsible for the strategy and overall execution of the projects supply chain qualification preparation.
This position may require up to 25% travel.
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Advanced Degree is preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience, is required.
- Experience with Component Process Development, Assembly Process Development, Design for Manufacturing/ Design for Assembly is required.
- Experience leading outside vendors and suppliers is required.
- The ability to create designs for production and fabrication is required.
- The ability to conduct data analytics and statistical evaluation is required.
- Experience in medical device or regulated industry is preferred.
- Metal Injection Molding, Plastic Injection Molding, Elastomeric and Electronic Components, Lean Manufacturing Principals/Certification, Tooling experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma and Process Six Sigma is preferred.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), advanced manufacturing controls, analytics, is preferred.
- A Green/Black Belt Certification is preferred.
- The ability to develop or support advanced assembly and processing equipment is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)