Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Janssen R&D PDMS Co-op - Spring House, PA
Requisition ID: 7351160927
Janssen Research & Development
Pharmaceutical Research & Development, L.L.C., a member of the Johnson
& Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Pharmaceutical
Development and Manufacturing Sciences (PDMS) Co-op to be based in PA. The
duration of this co-op is January - June or July - December 2017.
Janssen Research & Development (Johnson & Johnson) Pharmaceutical Research & Development, L.L.C., develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
The Co-op will work in the Primary Container group, a part of Janssen’s PDMS organization. The PDMS organization is responsible for the development of technology used in the large-scale manufacture of pharmaceutical products including active pharmaceutical ingredients, formulations, analytical methods, and devices to enable patient dosing of these pharmaceuticals. PDMS is also responsible for the manufacture of toxicology supplies and clinical supplies intended for phase 1 and phase 2 studies.
- The Co-op would be responsible for supporting aspects of new product development for packaging, device & delivery development.
- The Co-op would participate in various packaging development activities for primary packaging components, qualification of container closure systems and cold chain transportation system, including but not limited to, packaging material screening studies for the products packaged in vials, pre-filled syringes, plastic and glass bottles, blisters, transdermal patches, etc.
- The work will include blister & bottle prototyping in packaging lab, documentation development (protocol/reports, components specifications, etc), clinical packaging for combination products, cold chain container qualification, technical justifications and packing instructions.
- This opportunity allows further development of skills associated with pharmaceutical packaging engineering development, organization and cross functional communication.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college throughout the duration of the co-op.
- Completion of a minimum of two years towards a BS or pursuing a MS in Packaging Science or Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Previous co-op or internship experience is preferred.
- Student must be available from January - June or July - December 2017 and have the ability to work full-time during that time.
- Extensive PC based skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint, Minitab.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- Local travel may be required. Students must be able to provide their own transportation to/from their work location.
- Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)