Johnson & Johnson Careers
Video Producer Editor
Requisition ID: 7350181113
& Johnson is currently recruiting for a Video Producer Editor located in New
York, NY with frequent travel to New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Video Producer Editor is responsible for all aspects of original video creation and production that bolsters J&J’s reputation as the world’s leading healthcare company and is distributed externally through the Global Content Lab.
- As Video Producer-Editor, you would be responsible for collaborating with the Director of Audience Engagement, Editor-In-Chief and Visual Strategy Manager to ensure external video content standards are consistent with the J&J Content Lab best practices for story ideation, creation and approval workflow.
- Creating and leading a monthly video calendar, aligned to editorial and social calendar, and proactively pitches original video concepts and series in support of the Content Lab external channels.
- Creating, shooting, producing and editing original video in-house, from concept to completion, optimizing versions across JNJ.com and social channels.
- Attending external events and key reputational activations for the company to capture original video footage, interviews and b-roll, often editing a final product timed to timely events.
- Bringing a social-first perspective and experience to create original video treatments and concepts, including GIFs, scripts, etc which impact the company’s reputation amongst the consumer public and key external partners.
- Overseeing content creation, including initial concepting, scripting, storyboard development and managing internal approvals with key partners, including business leads and legal department.
- Responsible for developing innovative new ways to create video content and create inspired video stories that achieve an emotional connection with an external audience across the website and social media channels.
- Ensuring top quality production value, where appropriate: Scouting and scheduling production facilities, equipment, crew, cast, locations, sets, etc.
- Securing talent according to project needs and supervises corporate, temporary or contracted production personnel.
- Overseeing shoots and liaises with internal and external talent such as influencers, employees or company executives.
- Recommending and implementing updates and improvements to video technology, storytelling approach and production process, including changing trends for best practices in video viewing across social channels.
- Employing a data-driven approach to video content: Uses insights from channel metrics to inform ongoing video creation strategy.
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience building social-first video across web and social platforms.
- A deep understanding of programming across social channels, including experience creating original video for social platforms including Facebook and Instagram Live is required.
- Proven knowledge of digital media and content landscape is required.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, Adobe Media Encoder and Final Cut Pro is required.
- Some knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Adobe Creative Suite is required.
- Excellent news judgement, awareness of cultural trends and ability to manage multiple projects on deadline is required.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly creative and collaborative environment is required.
- Previous experience working independently and overseeing shoots with C-suite and other talent is required.
- Experience directly managing and supervising in-house or on-location design and production teams is required.
- Strong business acumen, with deep understanding of how to achieve objectives while meeting brand standards and a high bar for aesthetic quality within set budgets and schedules is required.
- Strong collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution skills are required.
- Experience working in a global company, in a highly matrixed environment is preferred.
- May require occasional domestic or international travel throughout the year.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New York-New York-601 W 26th Street Suite 310
Johnson & Johnson (6067)