Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
POST DOCTORAL SCIENTIST
Requisition ID: 7348180328
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. is looking to hire a Post-Doctoral Scientist in Upstream Innovation R&D to be located in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. develops and markets Oral Care, Wound Care, Women’s Health and Skin Care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands LISTERINE®, JOHNSON’S Baby and BAND-AID® Brand, as well as leading skin care brands such as AVEENO® and CLEAN & CLEAR®.
The Post-Doctoral Scientist will be responsible for:
- Conducting research directed toward discovery and development of new technologies to support the long-term growth of the franchise through addressing consumer health needs.
- Work in a global, dynamic, highly networked environment to improve the lives and healthcare of others.
- Identify technologies and conduct assessments working closely with internal R&D partners and external collaborators.
- Chemical and biological in-vitro models and cutting-edge assessment tools will be developed by the scientist that are predictive of clinical outcomes and provide mechanistic insights.
- Compelling scientific data will be used to support proof of principle clinical assessments.
- Develop prototype formulations, work with cross functional colleagues to scale up and release materials for clinical assessment.
- Intellectual Property will be patented when feasible.
- Results of research will be communicated regularly internally to upper management and externally at external scientific conferences.
- Publication of scientific discoveries is encouraged to help share the outcomes of our research initiatives.
- Recent PhD with up to 2 years of research experience is required.
- A degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering or a related major is required.
- Candidates with strong chemistry background are highly preferred.
- Research experience in physical and chemical instrumental methods (e.g. spectroscopy, chromatography, microscopy, zeta potential, etc) is required and formulation development experience is preferred.
- Candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset are preferred.
- Thesis work in the fields of surface chemistry, bio physical chemistry, bio analytical chemistry, polymer/material chemistry or colloid science are highly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and solid presentation skills are required.
- The candidate must be able to work independently on multiple projects AND able to successfully partner and influence cross-functional team members.
- Technical writing and publication is required.
- This position may require up to 20% overall travel.
If you want to explore the many small-company environments behind the big-company impact of the Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., bid on this position today!
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)