Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 7334190211
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, a division of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manufacturing Operator located in Athens, Georgia.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Manufacturing Operator:
• Trains to perform duties related to the preparation and manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients, intermediates, and/or medical devices in accordance with standard operating procedures, as regulated by quality, environmental, and safety agencies (FDA, EPA, OSHA, DEA, etc.)
• Operates chemical production processes by following detailed instructions
• Sets up, operates and cleans production equipment used to produce intermediate or finished products for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, Narcotic products, medical device raw material components, or other products as directed; Completes all associated support activities in the production of these products
• Possesses a basic understanding of a limited number of chemical production processes within area of assignment and a working knowledge of manufacturing equipment and chemical processing principles
• Follows and accurately completes batch records/logs, SAP transactions and other documentation associated with all production processes to ensure efficient operations and compliance with cGMP and standard operating procedures
• Demonstrates effective operation of dryers, centrifuges, mills, reactors, water systems, DCS and PLC control systems and appropriately responds to alarms and interlocks
• Performs basic troubleshooting on equipment such as dryers and centrifuges as well as DCS/PLC controls and failure issues and recognizes abnormal operation of instrumentation
• Completes process sampling requirements following applicable schedules and techniques
• Follows process and utility flow diagrams
• Partners with Supervisor and Quality Department in making recommendations to modify existing procedures, instructions and batch logs within the assigned production processes as well as developing new procedures, instructions, and batch logs
• Transports materials of varying weight in accordance with established safety guidelines using material handling equipment and additional assistance as required
• Performs area safety inspections to identify safety hazards and report findings in accordance with company protocols
• Demonstrates adherence to safety procedures by monitoring personal and peer behaviors, work environment and housekeeping
• Participates in internal audits and supports additional team activities as requested
• Ensures DEA requirements are met with regard to sampling, documentation, and accountability of product (Not applicable to ORC)
• Participates on site investigative teams and where applicable, in VSAs, PSSRs, PHAs, and behavioral safety assessments; Corrects and/or mitigates findings from assessments
• Performs all duties with attention to quality, safety and environmental matters including: wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, recognizing, reporting, and appropriately responding to hazards in the work area (spills/accidents/near misses), maintaining proper housekeeping at all times, and properly labeling and storing chemicals
• Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines including FDA, ISO, EPA, OSHA and DEA; Complies with all company and site policies and procedures
• Assumes responsibility for the environmental effects of work performed and for the identification and recording of environmental problems as they arise
• Follows all applicable aspects of the site Environmental Management System as it pertains to normal job duties
• Completes RCRA training within first six months of employment and annually thereafter
• Completes all regulatory training as assigned (cGPM, ISO14001, OSHA, DEA, etc.)
• Completes Operator Training Program according to established guidelines
• Continuously looks for ways to simplify or improve products, services, systems, and processes to achieve business goals, e.g., improve yield, cycle time, quality, and productivity
• Makes a positive contribution through demonstration of ability to seek out assistance from co-workers as needed, to suggest ways to improve upon current operations practices and systems; and to learn new skills, procedures and processes
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• A minimum of 4 years of work experience required.
• A minimum of 6 months of work experience in a manufacturing environment highly preferred.
• Experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, or industry that complies with cGMP highly preferred.
• Must be able to read, write, and understand Basic English and read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, government regulations and procedure manuals.
• Basic math skills required.
• Operating skills of manufacturing equipment, tools, and hand/forks trucks preferred.
• Basic PC navigation such as the ability to enter data into programs/software applications as instructed and use software applications for mail, word processing, spreadsheets and other job specific needs highly preferred.
• Knowledge of DCS and SAP systems preferred.
• Ability to communicate and effectively work as part of a team required.
• Must be willing and able to meet the physical demands of this job which include: standing, walking, climbing, bending, stopping, reaching with hands and arms, and using hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently required to talk, hear, taste and smell; must have the ability to work from ladders or platforms up to 30 feet in the air and the ability to lift, push or pull up to 40 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to qualify for respiratory protective equipment use.
• Must be willing and able to work overtime as needed.
• Ability to work rotating 12 hour shifts required which may include days and/or nights, in support of continuous operations.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)