Associate Director, Epidemiology
Your job alert was successfully created.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for the role of Associate Director in Epidemiology. For this role, you will be working primarily in Titusville, NJ with consideration given to Raritan, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
You, the Associate Director, Epidemiology will be focused on supporting the 'real world exploration of benefits' (RWEB) initiative, an ambitious collaborative effort to develop a systematic process for observational database analyses to enable exploration and identification of differentiated benefits of medical products to support R&D's clinical development strategy. We are designing and implementing an R&D RWEB “engine” to efficiently generate population-level effect estimation study results across a network of observational databases so that Janssen R&D scientists can proactively use real-world evidence to inform clinical development program decisions.
You will become familiar with the published literature related to compounds of interest and relevant observational (real world) databases accessible to specify analyses, review and interpret study results within the clinical context, present results to the clinical teams, and disseminate scientific information through technical reports and publications in peer-reviewed literature.
Enabling the RWEB initiative will require collaborative support across the 4 functional units within Janssen Epidemiology Analytics:
1. Data Integrity, Standardization, and Characterization Operations: responsible for the development and evolution of scientific and industry standards for observational data harmonization, ensuring their appropriate application across the J&J real-world data ecosystem, and leading the evaluation and characterization of observational data for their fitness-for-use to address clinical questions from across the organization
2. Methodology Empirical Research and Evaluation: responsible to innovating, evaluating and establishing scientific best practices around the design and conduct of observational analysis and accompanying processes to ensure the reliability of real-world evidence
3. Open-Source Analytics Development: responsible for leading the design and development of software and analytical tools that encode scientific best practices into solutions that enable real-world evidence generation and dissemination
4. Clinical Intelligence Applications: responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of observational analyses for clinical characterization, population-level effect estimation, and patient-level prediction to meet the needs of J&J's scientific and business functions.
Are you passionate about a role that designs, executes, and interprets epidemiological research for Janssen as well as participates in developing best in class research practices on observational data? This role provides those opportunities.
• Review and interpret study results from analysis of real world (observational) healthcare databases to develop a clinical understanding, present these results to the clinical teams, and disseminate scientific information through writing technical reports and publications in peer-reviewed literature.
• Provide technical support for the data and analysis infrastructure and provide scientific support for conducting observational research in collaboration with other epidemiologists and cross-functional product team members.
• Participate in the design and development of standardized analytics tools, including feedback on use of the front-end user interface and back-end execution engine, to generate and disseminate real-world evidence from a network of observational data
• Lead and contribute to the design of observational database analyses, including authoring protocols and analysis plans.
• Lead and contribute to the execution of observational database analyses by using standardized analytical tools and writing statistical programs against an array of observational data resources.
• A doctoral degree (e.g., PhD, ScD, DrPH) in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, informatics, or related disciplines with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience
• A healthcare provider degree (e.g., MD, PA, RN)
• One (1) year of experience in application development (e.g. Java, C), statistical programming (e.g. SAS, R, Python), or database programming (e.g. SQL)
• One (1) year of experience with statistical analysis of large healthcare data sets
• Experience with the statistical analysis and management of administrative claims datasets or electronic health/medical records
• Knowledge of medical terminologies (e.g. ICD, NDC, SNOMED, MedDRA, LOINC, CPT)
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Project management experience
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)