Johnson & Johnson Careers
Team Lead, Category Solutions - Walmart
Markham, Canada; Toronto, Canada
Requisition ID: 7331180718
Johnson & Johnson Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies is currently recruiting for a Team Lead, Category Solutions – Walmart, located in Greater Toronto Area.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. is a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. In Canada, we market innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care, oral health as well as a broad range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter products.
Our purpose is to "Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living” by providing Canadians with some of the world's most widely used and trusted brands including: Johnson's® Baby, Neutrogena®, Aveeno®, Listerine®, Band-Aid® Brand Adhesive Bandages, Tylenol®, Reactine®, Benylin®, Nicorette®, Nicoderm® and many more. Based in Markham, Ontario, we employ approximately 400 people and are supported by a manufacturing and research and development facility located in Guelph, Ontario.
Are you looking to strengthen your leadership skills? Passionate about your Category, Shopper and Retail expertise? Want to focus on building Strategic Partnerships with key customer? If so, then your next role may be the Category Solutions Lead.
In this role, you have accountability for Category Management fundamentals and design deliverables for a specific Customer Account aligned to Customer strategies and Commercial priorities. You will coach and develop direct reports, be an expert in Shopper, Category and Marketplace insights and thought leadership. You will also lead Category Vision and strategic Design work for priority categories in partnership with Wal-Mart.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop and lead a team of 4 Wal-Mart Category Advisors, building capabilities and process to enable a high performing team.
- Attract and retain the best talent through building a culture of transparent dialogue and trust.
- Elevate J&J partnership with Wal-Mart by providing proactive, shopper and customer thought leadership.
- Influence and collaborate with Wal-Mart through actionable insights to achieve Company business plans on shelving strategy and optimal merchandising.
- Oversee development and team compliance of category strategies and execution of the customer shelving analysis and recommendations.
- Execute with excellence, by mastering Wal-Mart processes and building strong internal and external relationships.
- Sponsor Category Champion work for those under his/her management, facilitating standardized and consistent expectations and approach while modelling collaboration and partnership.
- Collaborate with Market Unit and Sales leaders to drive sales against goals, and influence with customer.
- Drive Category Solution engagement and accountability to proactively shape innovation and category/retail strategy through ongoing and annual business planning.
- Own key shelf, aisle/department reinvention projects, leading cross functional team on priority project (2-3 per year).
- Foster collaboration with US Category & Shopper Insights team, connecting frequently to mine existing insights and partner on upcoming insight projects.
- Cultivate insights from global sources and from local research, to apply to reinvention proposals to drive further growth for J&J through retailer partnerships.
- Collaborate with Retail Innovation lead on key Customer partnership projects where necessary.
- Minimum of a University degree is required, preferably in Business Administration, Marketing or related field. MBA is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the consumer packaged goods industry, including at least 2 years of category management, sales or marketing experience is required.
- Prior experience managing people required.
- Proven people leadership and experience in shaping team structure, and effective talent development.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking, levering insights and data to develop actionable conclusions.
- In-depth knowledge of Class of Trade, assigned customer group, category, competitive products, competitive strategies and industry trends required.
- Strong ability to handle multiple priorities and to work within tight deadlines and timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and influence through ambiguous and complex situations, within a matrix environment.
- Strong ability to work independently to identify business needs and opportunities and to develop a position based on this to increase sales effectiveness.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)