Auris Health Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for an Electrical Engineer located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will work directly with a team of experienced engineers to assist in the design and testing of next generation robotic platforms used within the medical device space. Auris is seeking motivated individuals whom are interested in pursuing a career in complex electrical and systems design, board level PCB design, and/or robotic systems. Auris offers the opportunity to learn about and design boards involving motor control, power electronics, mixed analog and digital design, sensor integration, and PCB layout and manufacturing.
In this role you will:
- Perform schematic capture and PCB design for new electronics designs and test fixtures
- Work with other electrical, mechanical, and software engineers to develop integrated solutions
- Prototype and test new circuits for a variety of uses
- Conduct board level design verification testing
- Analyze and interpret electrical system/subsystem requirements and specifications
- Support CAPA’s, complaints and defects
- Support end-of-life activities
- Assist in creating electronic hardware documentation and release packages
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is required
- A M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering is highly preferred
- Experience with oscilloscopes, DC power supplies, and DMM’s required
- Experience with circuit design and electrical engineering theory required
- Experience interpreting schematics for board bring up, debugging, and design verification testing highly preferred
- Ability to analyze problems and derive thoughtful solutions by working with your team members required
- Prior PCB design and/or firmware design is a plus
- This position will be located in Redwood City, CA and may require up to 5% travel
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
Typical lab bench work such as soldering, microscope usage, and moving bench top measurement equipment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are flexible Monday through Friday, generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires occasional travel to local vendors up to 5%.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)