Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior R&D Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 7296180718
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Senior R&D Systems Engineer located in JJVS is Santa Ana, California.
JJVS designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal. Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
The Senior R&D Systems Engineer will report to Systems Engineer Manager. In this role, the Senior R&D Systems Engineer will research, develop, design, and test assemblies, equipment, and systems. Applies principles and techniques of engineering to research and development of new and innovative products. Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives.
- Leading concept, development, prototyping all the way to systems integration.
- Works with the development teams to plan, design, develop and test system functions and performances.
- Directs and work with outside contractors and suppliers in the design and development and troubleshooting of assemblies, and systems.
- Performs early analysis and project definition of engineering projects. This includes early design, prototyping and feasibility analysis.
- Proficient in analytical skills, using tools to perform simulations.
- Serves as one of the key voices to project viability and early definition.
- Prepares proposals for immediate and long-term programs for the needs of manufacturing and service of systems.
- Prepares reports and presentations to management on project status and makes recommendations for changes to ensure on time completion.
- Takes a lead role in the architectural structure and development of projects.
- Manages all levels of large scale project and leads multiple discipline teams.
- Allocates tasks to team members, determines progress, manages overall design to completion, and insures overall architectural integrity.
- Defines scope of projects, estimating cost and time, and prepares justification for capital and expense forecast projects.
- Prepares and controls project budget.
- Evaluates progress, results, and recommends changes in procedures and systems, as business and equipment electrical needs change.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, science, or closely related discipline is required
- A post-graduate education/degree is desired
- Minimum 8 years of hands on electrical engineer and systems engineering experience is required.
- Previous experience working in systems engineering in medical device industry is highly preferred.
- Previous experience with analog, digital circuit designs, proficient with embedded microcontrollers is required.
- Previous experience with control system is highly preferred.
- LabView experience is highly preferred.
- A thorough understanding of Medical Device design control process is required.
- Working knowledge of system architecture is preferred.
- Good documentation skill is required.
- Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors is required.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action is preferred.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators is required.
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations is required.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences is preferred.
- This position is located in Santa Ana, CA and requires up to 10% travel.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)
R&D Engineering (R&D)