Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Sales Learning & Development - Horsham, PA - Janssen Biotech, Inc.
Requisition ID: 7292190211
Janssen Biotech, Inc., is recruiting for a Manager for Oncology Sales Learning & Development to be based in Horsham, Pennsylvania.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
The Learning Manager is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of POA meetings, workshops, and launches. This includes updating, maintaining, and delivering new hire curricula, as well as addressing the ongoing learning and development needs of the entire sales force based on sales direction.
The Learning Manager is also responsible for developing and executing learning solutions. Additionally, the Learning Manager conducts an ongoing environmental scan of potential learning gaps throughout the field. Accordingly, the Learning Manager collaborates with peers, Sales Leadership, brand, Regulatory, HCC, and other stakeholders to design and deploy targeted programs that meet all learning needs and enhance on-the-job effectiveness. The Learning Manager serves as a conduit between Marketing and Sales by translating and communicating brand strategies to Sales personnel through multiple training mediums, while adhering to all appropriate Guidelines (e.g., HCC, Regulatory, etc.).
Content Development and Facilitation:
- Applies innovative approaches to design, update, and improve learning content that enhances the learning experience and on-the-job application.
- Demonstrates a passion for learning and continually develops and applies knowledge of adult learning principles and facilitation skills to best meet learners’ needs.
- Develops learning content for meetings (e.g., New Hire, POA, manager) to support strategic initiatives and improve competencies.
- Prepares and/or leads learning sessions to increase the sales force’s understanding of clinical, product, marketplace, and access knowledge as well as healthcare ecosystem and competitor trends.
- Designs and delivers impactful learning programs that leverage appropriate and innovative technology, learning techniques, and different modalities to enhance individuals’ knowledge and performance.
- Adopts emerging technology to increase effectiveness of delivery and maximize resources.
- Provides actionable feedback during and following SL&D sessions to improve individuals’ proficiency levels.
- Follows up to ensure field sales force learning sustainability according to business needs.
- Ensures all content and materials fully comply with HCC and Company guidelines and is approved through all appropriate channels.
- Ensures compliance with HCC and Company guidelines when facilitating content.
Project Management & Collaboration:
- Manages competing priorities and adapts to changes in project timelines, urgency, or compliance constraints.
- Develops and implements short- and long-term project plans and meets objectives, milestones, and deliverables for multiple projects.
- Identifies and manages the necessary resources for projects.
- Facilitates progress towards goals to enhance the development, delivery, and effectiveness of learning programs.
- Leverages knowledge of business objectives, strategies, and operational procedures to effectively meet business and learning goals.
- Leads partnerships across the business unit to drive communication and identify mutually-beneficial needs.
- Builds relationships throughout multiple stakeholder channels to gain support for preferred approaches and strategies.
- Partners with vendors to manage the development of new learning content. Manages RFP process, evaluates progress, and ensures measurable return for project outputs.
- Collaborates efforts with peers to ensure consistency, leverage resources, and share best practices.
- Remains current on and anticipates changes in product knowledge, marketplace conditions, and stakeholder practices to deliver the most effective delivery of materials.
- Understands and adapts to the changing healthcare ecosystem and adjusts learning solutions accordingly.
- Develops clinical fluency in all assigned disease states to equip learners to engage stakeholders in meaningful, results-driven conversations.
- Demonstrates selling skills to understand and meet the customer’s needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- The following competencies define the behaviors associated with success in this role. Refer to the full Competency Models for this role for additional information and performance standards.
Learning Excellence - Incorporates adult learning principles into the design, development, and execution of blended learning solutions that address critical business needs.
Technology Utilization - Leverages diverse learning technologies and identifies innovative new technologies to create user focused, efficient, and effective learning experiences that drive business outcomes.
Collaborative Partnerships - Identifies, develops, and leverages internal and external partnerships to collaborate and address business goals.
Project Management - Manages projects accounting for timelines, compliance constraints, business needs, budget, and available resources.
Marketplace and Access Knowledge - Understands and monitors the evolving marketplace dynamics, market access, and reimbursement changes that impact the design and delivery of learning solutions.
Clinical and Selling Expertise – Leverages knowledge of product portfolio, clinical acumen, and selling skills to ensure the alignment of learning solutions with stakeholder needs.
Live Our Credo – Demonstrate and inspire the behaviors that reinforce Our Credo.
Connect – Develop deep insights into the needs of our patients, customers, markets and communities.
Shape – Drive innovation; anticipate and shape industry and market changes to advance healthcare globally.
Lead – Create an environment where leadership and talent development is a top priority.
Deliver – Deliver results by inspiring and mobilizing people and teams.
Company management reserves the right to add, delete, or otherwise alter assigned duties at any time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The minimum qualifications listed include the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities for the Manager, Sales Learning & Development position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred
· 3+ years experience in Professional Pharmaceutical or Biotech Sales
· Experience in a buy and bill environment is preferred
· Field learning advisor experience is preferred
· Management Development Program enrollment is preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
Ability to navigate iPad and to learn other internal software programs as necessary
Janssen Biotech, Inc. (6014)