Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 7285180718
BabyCenter has an immediate opening for a Lead Software
building performant world-class experiences for large audiences. This is a
full-time position located at BabyCenter headquarters in San Francisco.
BabyCenter is the world's partner in parenting. The #1 pregnancy and parenting digital destination, BabyCenter reaches more than 51 million moms and dads in every corner of the globe through its 11 owned and operated properties in nine different languages.
In the United States, 8 in 10 new and expectant moms online use BabyCenter each month. BabyCenter provides parents with trusted information, advice from peers, and support that's Remarkably Right® at every stage of their child's development. Products include websites, mobile apps, online communities, email series, social programs, print publications, and public health initiatives.
BabyCenter LLC is a member of the Johnson & Johnson
family of companies.
Visit BabyCenter on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn, or follow @BabyCenter and @MomInsights on Twitter.
BabyCenter does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, political ideology, or ancestry; the presence of any physical, sensory, or mental disabilities; or other legally protected status.
The Monetization team is responsible for identifying, developing, and supporting BabyCenter’s advertisement distribution and tracking, including monitoring, reporting and content distribution. The ideal candidate has hands on experience in designing and building large-capacity Front-End systems in a team-based environment, experience working with Ad Platforms, and the desire to build great products for new and expecting parents.
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco.
- Build and maintain frontend code on high traffic websites.
- Lead the team in providing the task estimates during planning sessions, voice concerns about cost and scope, and offer alternatives when appropriate.
- Actively participate in quarterly business goals and prioritization with the stakeholders and help the team to meet those goals.
- Collaborate with the SMEs and platform architects to define the optimal solutions to the complex problems.
- Write clean and well documented code that is easy to understand and maintain.
- Work closely with other teams, both within and outside of the technology group.
- Actively participate in team agile planning and retrospectives to help decompose problems and continuously improve the team's efficiency and happiness.
- Provide production support through on-call rotation and availability as necessary for escalation of issues related to features developed by the team.
- Fulfill other duties assigned by leadership.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is required.
- Experience ReactJS, Angular2 and Typescript are a plus.
- Experience or in-depth knowledge with ad serving technology such as: DFP Premium, DoubleClick API and header bidding is required.
- Experience with client-side and server-to-server header bidding wrapper technologies is preferred.
- Experience with ad tech integrations with video players such as Brightcove video player is preferred.
- Experience with Google Native styles, including Native Styles, Native Express, and Custom Rendering, is a plus.
- Experience with performance and unit testing is required.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a team environment to meet short deadlines.
- Good communication skills and the ability to provide accurate estimates based on high-level requirements is required
- Experience with GIT source code management best practices when working in a team environment (branching, merging) is preferred
- Ability to identify project risks and provide alternatives for reducing risk
- Experience in agile development process is preferred
- Experience working in Java/PHP environment is a plus
- Experience with JSP/Tiles/Spring is a plus.
United States-California-San Francisco
BabyCenter, LLC (6009)
R&D Engineering (R&D)