Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Sourcing Manager, Flex Team located in Titusville, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Sourcing Manager, Flex Team will be responsible for supporting all Janssen Supply Chain Categories including External Manufacturing, API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients), Biotech Materials, Packaging, Chemicals. Will also support the BEL (Business Engagement Leader) and NPD Source Functions.
The role will plan and support delivery against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence. Key activities will include support for Request for Quotes, contract development and data analysis across all Janssen Supply Chain Procurement Categories and for new products.
The role will also support critical processes of upstream supplier selection, material selection and risk mitigations which will affect quality, reliability, innovation and cost of every new and existing Janssen Product.
Will also be responsible for mentoring the junior members of the Flex Team to achieve the goals of the Flex Team and the full JSC Procurement Team.
The Manager, Flex Team’s scope of responsibilities include support for all Janssen Supply Chain (JSC) Procurement Categories and for the BEL and NPD Source functions:
- Delivery of financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Contract development
- Request for Quotes
- Project Management
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Approximate Percentage of Time - Tasks/Duties/Responsibilities
- 30% - Support Sourcing Requests
- 30% - Support contract development
- 20% - Project Management
- 10% - Support JSC Procurement, Category, BEL and NPD Source
- 10% - Mentoring of Flex Team Members
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience is required
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management)
- Strong project and change management capabilities
- Strong business acumen
- Multi-county and Multi sector experience preferred with experience across geographies of varied sizes and businesses
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Ability to seek and drive continuous improvements
- Ability to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives
- Judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
- Experienced professional with business experience in multiple roles across a variety of functional specialties including R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain or a Technical field with at least 5-10 years within a Procurement environment
- High level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., contract development, negotiation, request for quotes, supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
- Strong data analytics capabilities
- High level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community
- Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., business, Finance, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain); has "presence"
- Significant business acumen and proven team building skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization can effectively and efficiently move through transitions
- Up to 10% travel
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)