Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Mass Spectrometry
Requisition ID: 7281180725
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Mass Spectrometry located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Scientist, Mass Spectrometry, in Janssen Biotherapeutics (JBIO) will report into the head of MS Characterization (Principal Scientist) under the Director of Biophysics, Structural Characterization. The Biophysics, Structural Characterization Group develops and employs biophysical and mass spectrometric methods to assess intact primary structure, bottom-up protein structure assessments, epitope/paratope characterization, molecular stability under stressed conditions, and post-translational modification risks.
The Scientist will conduct all mass spectrometric methods relating to protein characterization of hit and lead molecules. Expertise in electrospray ionization methods is required and expertise in MALDI ionization is preferred as well. All studies will be focused on the characterization of hit and lead therapeutic assets developed by JBIO in support of Janssen’s therapeutic areas including intact mass assessments, comparability assessments, PTM analyses, unknown ID, glycopeptide mapping and sequence confirmation. This individual will be responsible for supporting work that will help to determine whether an asset meets its Target Molecule Profile put in place by JBIO and the Therapeutic Area in order to achieve the therapeutic needs of the program. Research studies will span from Hit Generation through Lead Optimization and Protein Expression, culminating in final determination of biophysical and structural quality of clinical candidates entering the clinical portfolio.
- Provide expertise in the characterization of proteins using mass spectrometric techniques to be applied to antigens, antibodies, and other protein therapeutics.
- Provide mass spectrometric expertise at all stages of biologic discovery to enable fulfillment of the target molecule profile (TMP) for all biologics programs
- Collaborate with other team members on Biophysics or JBIO development initiates
- Maintain an electronic laboratory notebook in compliance with established practices and guidelines.
- Author technical reports to support NME and IND filings
- Communicate results to other scientific staff members and project leaders in the form of written and oral communications
- Continue to enhance the mass spectrometric technology in the laboratory to keep up with the latest developments in the field
- Develop new methods/techniques to be used in supporting goals and objectives within JBIO
- Support portfolio programs in various capacities (pulse team rep, BD rep, JBTL)
- A minimum of a Master’s with at least 7 years experience in protein characterization by mass spectrometry OR a PhD with 0-4 years of experience in protein characterization by mass spectrometry is required
- Expertise in protein mass spectrometry is required
- Experience in electrospray ionization is required
- Experience in PTM analysis is preferred
- Experience in Q-TOF mass spectrometry is preferred
- Experience in the biopharmaceutical/biotechnology industry is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)