Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Project Manager Scientist, Biosurgery R&D
Requisition ID: 7277180327
Ethicon, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Principal level Project Manager/Scientist to be located in Somerville, NJ.
The Biosurgery platform in The Ethicon Franchise, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Project Manager/Principal Scientist position located in Somerville, New Jersey. From creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures, Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world’s most pressing health care issues, and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon’s surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treating serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Project Manager/Principal Scientist manages projects and conducts research directed toward discovery and/or development of Biosurgery products including hemostats and sealants.
As a Project Manager/Principal Scientist responsibilities will include:
- Project Leadership and Execution
- Collaborate with or lead cross functional project teams in a matrix environment to drive team accountability for deliverables and ensure projects meet milestones
- Guide project team activities to meet project and business objectives including approval of project recommendations through governance; Drive team accountability for deliverables and ensure projects meet milestones
- Proactively identify and escalate risks and issues to relevant stakeholders; lead development and delivery of tactical and achievable mitigation and contingency planning
- Develop, manage and maintain up-to-date MS Project Timelines inclusive of all critical milestones, key interdependencies and resource constraints, while applying appropriate project scheduling techniques
- Monitor project status and execution; report timely updates via Project Templates, Project Dashboards and Update Forms; and develop agendas, minutes, metrics, etc. for the teams
- Demonstrate business acumen, project management, communication, process management and team performance management
- Deliver transparent, timely and effective verbal and written communication to teams, stakeholders and appropriate levels of the organization
- Lead "lessons learned" exercises, share lessons among project leaders and other teams, integrate lessons into existing processes, tools and templates
- Collaborates with in-house teams, cross J&J teams, and external partners to identify product development opportunities and to execute existing projects
- Develops concepts and designs for surgical products including biologics and synthetics.
- Coordinate and participates in preclinical evaluation of prototypes and optimization of products for development
- Supports Operations group in transferring manufacturing processes from R&D to Operations
- Prepares technical reports and presentations that accurately describe the available data.
- Prepares technical sections of regulatory submissions and responds to questions from regulatory authorities
- Follows current biomedical literature and patent literature in Biosurgery fields.
- Provides technical leadership to project teams
- A minimum of a Master's Degree (or equivalent) in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biomaterials or Biomedical Engineering, or other relevant field is required
- An advanced degree (PhD, MBA, etc.) in a business or related field is preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in product development is required
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Project Management is required
- A proven record of Project management, leading multifunctional teams and cross-functional team management experience is required; multi-discipline experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Project or other Project Management tools is required.
- Familiarity with IND, PMA, BLA, and MAA processes required.
- Experience working in a Regulated industry is required
- Experience working in a Lab environment is required
- PMP or other Project Management certification is highly preferred
- Experience in combination Products is preferred
- Experience in vitro and ex vivo methods for characterizing prototypes and products is preferred
- Experience in developing and validating biochemical test methods for finished products and raw materials is preferred
- Proven problem-solving skills using analytical technologies is preferred
- Domestic and international travel up to 10% is required for this position.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)