Auris Health, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Principal Instrument Engineer located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris is a technology company defining the future of medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
The Principal Instrument Engineer will provide technical leadership and work with other members of the R&I team to conceive, develop, prototype, test and debug novel medical devices in accordance with established policies, goals, and objectives. The Engineer must have the ability to make sound technical decisions, prioritize project deadlines, follow up, and complete critical items. They will be required to quickly generate numerous design concepts, converge on solutions, and select the best option through an appropriate mix of analysis and prototyping. They should have the ability to motivate and enable others to reach timelines and deliverables.
· Conceptualize and propose solutions to clinical and technical opportunities associated with the Auris product roadmap.
· Lead innovation, technology development, and the creation of novel medical Instruments and systems,
· Design and build prototypes and feasibility models for proof of concept testing
prepare project plans, specifications, and schedules for new product
Identify and interact with vendors to obtain engineering materials, processes, equipment, and co-development efforts.
· Collaborate with other engineers, technicians, contract manufacturers, assemblers, or other support personnel to assist in debugging and optimizing system performance
· Collaborate with clinical engineering and clinicians as required to clarify and generate design input requirements
· Develop and improve manufacturing processes to pilot production level
· Support manufacture of new and existing products
· Stay current with general engineering knowledge related to instrument and mechanism design
· Tabulate test data to support design specification and verify device performance.
· Assist in the preparation and review of patent applications
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science or equivalent work experiences required.
· 12+ years of experience as an engineer in the medical device industry preferred.
· Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to engage in self-directed learning and remain productive with minimal supervision
· Ability to analyze problems and derive thoughtful solutions by working with your team members
· Experience working in a multidisciplinary team setting bringing products from concept through market release and beyond.
· Must have a demonstrated ability to effectively and clearly communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals and teams.
· Experience and passion for contributing within a team environment
· Comfortable seeking feedback from others and acting upon this feedback
· Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a good background in the product development process.
· Extensive knowledge and proven track record of Mechanical design and rapid product development and its application to disposable & reusable medical devices.
· Expertise in SolidWorks including creating models, assemblies and detailed drawings required.
· Comfortable working with and seeking optimum solutions with other Instrument team members, as well as team members in adjacent disciplines of hardware and software engineering.
· Experience working with ISO requirements, GMP guidelines, FDA regulations, medical device design control, and manufacturing scale-up processes.
· Strong creative ability (as demonstrated by a number of patents) as well as IP knowledge a plus
· Previous start-up experience, a plus.
clinical experience, a plus.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)