Johnson & Johnson Careers
R&D INSERTER INTERN
Requisition ID: 7263190211
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV), is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, JJV has helped patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® brand contact lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients daily across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting Sophomores, Juniors and rising Seniors for internships in Research & Development (R&D) located in Santa Ana, CA.
Academic majors for Internship opportunities in R&D are:
- Chemistry: Materials/Polymer Science
- Engineering: Chemical, Mechanical, Plastics, Biomedical and Optical Engineering
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Opportunity to work on a variety of engineering assignments utilizing a wide-range of engineering principles. Assist with planning development and design of materials, equipment, and/or processes. Review progress and evaluate results of multiple projects across various disciplines. Partner with teams of engineers and technicians as necessary to achieve project completion. Assist with facilitating and conducting engineering assignments. Advocate for continuous improvement of technology and processes. Assist Senior Engineers in the planning, development and design of processes and equipment for the manufacturing. Document all projects in the form of a technical report. SolidWorks experience is preferred.
- Students must be able to provide their own transportation to this location and to/from work every day.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the team.
- Adheres to safety environmental policies and procedures and supports department objectives.
- Develops and maintains Behavioral Standards in line with company standards and policy.
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university during the Internship is required.
- Actively pursuing at least, a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Science/Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Engineering /Injection Molding, Biomedical Engineering, Optic Engineering, Optometry, or related academic major is required.
- Availability to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the 12-week summer Internship is required.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community service activities is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Ana-
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)