Johnson & Johnson Careers
ADVANCED PROCESS CONTROL POST-DOC
Requisition ID: 7261180327
Janssen Supply Group, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's family of companies, is recruiting for a Post Doctoral Scientist for Advanced Process Control in Bioreactors to be based in Spring House, PA.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson & Johnson are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Our products portfolio comprised of pharmaceuticals, biologics and combination products. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop sustainable, integrated healthcare solutions by working side-by-side with healthcare stakeholders, based on partnerships of trust and transparency. Janssen Supply Group, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson.
The Post Doctoral Scientist for Advanced Process Control in Bioreactors will contribute to machine learning based techniques for integration into commercial processes and deployment of in-line spectroscopy based sensors for bioreactor monitoring and feed control loops. Specifically, the Post Doctoral Scientist will design laboratory scale experiments to develop and validate spectroscopic models to describe bioreactor components and use these models to optimize the bioreactor feed schedule. Models will then be scaled to pilot and commercial scale manufacturing. The Post Doctoral Scientist will have experience in vibrational spectroscopy (Raman preferred) of biomolecular species (proteins, sugars, cells, etc.) and utilize this skill set to optimize bioreactor feed strategies.
The competencies requirements include:
Ability to prioritize work independently to meet deadlines while managing changing priorities to meet customer’s needs. Work independently on projects that will be both strategic and tactical in nature. Ability to provide strategic direction using innovation and creative solutions. Use effective internal/external influencing, interpersonal skills, negotiation and conflict management skills to resolve relationship and project issues.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Analytical Chemistry or similar
- Prior knowledge and experience with spectroscopy required with vibrational spectroscopy (Raman, FTIR, NIR) is highly preferred
- Prior knowledge and experience with chemometric modeling of spectral data preferred (PLS, PCA, etc.), experience with commercially available packages (Eigenvector, Unscrambler, SIMCA, Grams, etc. highly desirable)
- Prior knowledge of any of the following are strongly desirable: metabolic flux analysis, multivariate analysis, or mechanistic modeling
- Knowledge of both upstream and downstream cell culture processes are desirable
- Programming knowledge in a scripting language, such as R or MATLAB is desirable
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrated leadership is required.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in Sharepoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Up to 10% local and international travel required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
JANSSEN SUPPLY GROUP, LLC (6046)