Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 7248180327
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Proteomics located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D, and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular and molecular pharmacology, enzymology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual with proteomics expertise to join our team. This position will report to a senior member of the Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology Group, and be based in Spring House, PA.
The candidate will be a key member of the Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology group, and provide proteomics support and expertise to therapeutic area programs from target nomination through declaration of a clinical candidate. The Scientist will also:
- Provide proteomics expertise to internal programs as well as external collaborations.
- Contribute to establishment of robust workflow of LC-MS-based proteomics, maintenance of LC-MS platforms, and quantitative data analysis.
- The candidate will use quantitative proteomics to elucidate compound mechanism-of-action.
- Collaborate in a highly multidisciplinary/matrix environment for the progression of drug discovery projects.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent in proteomics/biochemistry/cell biology or related field is required
- A minimum of 2 years post- doctoral experience is preferred
- Strong record of publications is required
- Solid LC-MS and tandem MS background including hands-on experience with QE series mass spectrometers such as QE, QE-HF, QE-HFx OR Fusion is required
- Expert in quantitative proteomics methodologies (N15, SILAC, TMT labeling, label-free quantification), and fragmentation methods (CID, ETD, HCD) is required
- Expert in using Integrated Proteomics Applications software (IP2) - ProLuCID, DTAselect or other relevant search engines is required
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills is required
- Proficiency in protein biochemistry techniques (fractionations, chromatography, etc.) is required
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture and molecular biology techniques is preferred
- Strong capabilities to collaborate with scientists across multiple disciplines is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills is required
- Experience with protein post-translational modification analyses (phosphorylation, glycosylation, ubiquination, etc.) is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)