Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. A member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Sourcing Specialist - Instruments to be located in Bridgewater, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Sourcing Specialist - Instruments reports into the Cross-Category Sourcing Lead and is part of the Strategy and Operations community. As such, the Sourcing Specialist supports all sub-categories under one of the Global MD Supply Chain Procurement Category teams (Direct Materials, External Manufacturing and Electronic Systems). The Sourcing Specialist is accountable for deploying functional, related project portfolio management, supporting BEL-Category reviews, business planning as well as tracking and communication for Global MD Supply Chain Procurement.
- Understands how to use a range of wide tools and processes in Category Management, Supplier Management and general Project Management and is able to apply these in diverse category and supplier settings
- Ability to analyze as-is situations, is able to formulate problem statements, establishes the appropriate metrics and applies then solutions to drive continuous improvement in diverse category and supplier settings.
- Support the management of the relationships with suppliers who fall into a broad range of categories and who are typically not devoted to J&J as strategic suppliers.
- Collaborate with supplier to drive continuous improvement and imminent problem solving
- Support the orchestration of the efforts of multiple J&J SC disciplines with a supplier, e.g. Plan
- Monitor supplier progress against supplier commitments. Is able to collaborate with suppliers at all levels of their hierarchy
- Support the creation of parts of sourcing strategy over a broad range of categories, typically non-critical ones. E.g. supporting the creation of an industry analysis
- Understanding of some different sub-categories in Materials, External Manufacturing, CCFS or Logistics.
- Knowledgeable in common project management tools and processes and is able to leverage these in a broad range of business settings
- Support the orchestration of a specific Supplier Improvement program
- Support Enterprise Procurement programs, such as e.g. Libertas, Supplier Diversity, SEI.
- Collaborate smoothly with all disciplines of the Procurement 3-tier model, with partners in Supply Chain, R&D, Franchises and with staff of external suppliers
- Communicate complex problems statements, articulate action plans, and is able to perform effective escalations
- Apply theses skills across Franchises, Sectors, Functions and Regions
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, an advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years of related experience is required
- Project Management & Execution (Relevant experience + appropriate qualifications if any)
- Experience in Strategic Sourcing, Category Management and Market Engagement Programs is preferred
- Record of Leadership, collaboration, and engagement and team-work in a multi-stakeholder environment is preferred
- Planning, Organizational and Management skills is preferred
- FPX / Project Management training is preferred
- Experience working in an international, cross-functional and multiple stake-holder environment is preferred
- Experience working in regulated industry is preferred
- Proven team-work and collaborative skills is preferred
- Excellent organizational, planning and time-management skills is preferred
- Good IT Skills (MS Office, MS Project) is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time domestically and/or internationally
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)