Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Product Manager, Ocular Surface (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 7244180327
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision is currently recruiting for a Product Manager – Ocular Surface to be located in Santa Ana, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Vision, through its operating companies, is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses portfolio. In 2017, with the addition of Abbott Medical Optics, Inc., the Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision business, Johnson & Johnson invested further in eye health by expanding into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health. Serving more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries, Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to helping more people in more places improve or restore their sight. Dual headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, and Santa Ana, California, Johnson & Johnson Vision has more than 10,000 employees worldwide.
The Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes developing and executing customer activation strategies, managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, defining the product vision and ensuring market execution of that vision, working closely with cross functional departments (R&D, Global Marketing, Insights, Analytics, Sales Force, Medical, Clinical, Regulatory) to ensure product satisfaction, brand consistency, delivery of a superior customer experience and ultimately, the achievement of product sales forecasts. The Product Manager plays the key role in ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company's overall strategy and goals.
- Marketing leadership: Coach, mentor, lead and hold a team accountable to the expectations of the organization and business. Clearly articulate the direction for a team and the business. Develop detailed development plans.
- Expert understanding of the market (disease, addressable market, science, therapies), the customer, the patient, competitors, reimbursement, labeling, distribution, product positioning, competitive product positioning and communication of our value proposition.
- In partnership with sales training, responsible for providing the sales team with the necessary technical expertise to enable them to sell the product. This involves printed and electronic promotional material, product training, and relevant clinical papers.
- Act as point of first reference for all product related enquiries and work collaboratively with colleagues in Clinical Research and Regulatory to address any issues that may arise.
- Close liaison with the field force to assess the response to and suitability of current promotional material and to ensure that the printed promotional material is being used optimally.
- Partner with global insights to design market research to assess customer attitudes to the current product range and new product introductions. Build the recommend action plans from the research.
- Development, approval and implementation of the annual marketing plan to include advertising, promotion and sales aids to achieve objectives.
- Responsible for preparing product forecasts, and monitoring inventory levels including liaison with production (locally and globally) to ensure timeliness of supply.
- BS in Marketing or Business Development, MBA in Marketing (preferred).
- Demonstrated success defining and launching successful products
- 6+ years of business experience required, 4 years of marketing experience in ophthalmic or medical device industry preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical background, with experience in medical devices or ophthalmic pharmaceuticals
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to travel a minimum of 20%
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO Sales and Services, Inc. (6238)