Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Marketing Manager – US Knee Marketing – Revision Knees
Requisition ID: 7230181112
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Marketing Manager – US Knee Marketing. This role is located in Warsaw, IN and reports to the Marketing Director of U.S. Knees.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative, and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools, and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we have created one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
DePuy Synthes is an industry leader in the Knee Revision market. This leadership is based on a legacy of innovation, professional education, and marketing excellence. The Attune Revision platform, which launched in 2018, provides surgeons with unique innovation that addresses the needs of patients today and well into the future.
The Senior Marketing Manager – Revision Knees will lead a team of marketing associates to assess the needs of the revision market, develop new strategies that provide unique value to our physician customers, and execute marketing plans that best leverage available resources to treat more patients with the leading DePuy Synthes Revision portfolio. He/she will extend a high performing team culture by enabling individual strengths, creating new skills through personal development, and fostering collaboration across the organization.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
Commercial leadership of the US Revision Knee business, including the ongoing launch of the Attune Revision platform.
Extend a high performing culture that encourages collaboration and inclusiveness within the team, and across stakeholder groups.
- Achieve business plan objectives of sales, net income, gross profit, inventory and price on an annual basis.
- Manage expenses within budget.
- Increase company’s leadership position in the US Revision Knee market.
- Responsible for leading and executing impactful product launches.
- Specific responsibilities include the development of the brand strategy, marketing materials for all key customer groups, pricing strategy, promotional plans, product training plans (salesforce & surgeons), product forecasting, inventory roll-out and management, sales tools, etc.
Customer Insights and Analytics
- Serve as the subject matter expert for our products, competitive strategies and products, procedures, surgical techniques, and the innovation landscape.
- Lead market research initiatives around customer needs, market trends, and evidence generation.
- Stay connected with market needs through frequent interaction with customers - travel with sales consultants, attend industry meetings, review medical journals, etc.
- Partner closely with Sales Teams to gather input on customer needs and ensure strong alignment with marketing strategy.
- Develop relationships with surgeon customers and key targets.
General Business Support
Partner closely with Professional Education to develop impactful and compliant educational programs that set the J&J Institute as the preferred partner for educating physicians.
- Develop strategies and tactics for industry events that clearly demonstrate the value of DePuy Synthes and our Knee Revision portfolio.
- Be responsive to requests from customers, sales consultants, and regional marketers.
- Work collaboratively with other functional areas to ensure business issues are addressed and strategies are being executed.
Collaborate with Sales, Finance, Supply Chain, Professional Education, Strategic Customer Group & other internal stakeholder to deliver a competitive advantage.
- Ability to collaborate effectively.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to think strategically and be detailed when necessary.
- Ability to think globally and act locally.
- Ability to create a sense of urgency and drive results.
- Ability to keep the organization focused on customer needs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in Marketing, Sales & Sales Management, or related function in a complex market.
Proven track record of launching new products, services and programs.
Experience developing and executing successful business plans.
Experience and proven leadership in interacting with key customers and sales-force.
Travel of up to 40%, including some weekends.
Prior healthcare industry experience.
Management experience and a proven track record and passion for developing direct reports.
Working knowledge of healthcare environment and medical device industry.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)