Johnson & Johnson Careers
North America – Internship - 2019 Procurement Leadership Development Program (PLDP)
Requisition ID: 7216180717
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We're looking for leaders to bring health care solutions to our customers and communities in virtually every corner of the world…leaders to nurture and inspire others…leaders who are committed to making a difference…individuals with strong character and proven competencies needed to become tomorrow's leaders in a global environment. Our business principles are embodied in Our Credo, a respected, legendary value statement that has guided our Family of Companies for over 70 years.
Procurement is strategically integrated in the Supply Chain as a key driver of business value – our organization’s vision is to “Partner to shape supplier solutions that transform healthcare.” Johnson & Johnson spends approximately $30B annually across the globe on goods and services. Our procurement professionals work as highly-respected partners internally and externally to create and implement strategies and processes that support the business in bringing important health and personal care solutions to people around the world.
Procurement leverages the supplier base as a source of innovation by developing closer and more collaborative relationships, and strongly supports sustainability and supplier diversity on behalf of Johnson & Johnson. These creative solutions are facilitated by Procurement through key capabilities, including deep supply market understanding; actionable insights and knowledge; and processes & technology management in order to ultimately accelerate growth & innovation, deliver value for our spend portfolio, and enhance reputation & manage risk. Johnson & Johnson Procurement considers people and talent with diverse perspectives as critical to achieving its vision.
Examples of the types of roles and responsibilities the PLDP Intern might include (but are not limited to):
- Research and analytics for category strategy development;
Project Team Lead or Team Member for a major value initiative (ex: sourcing event);
- Development of best practices, processes, and tools;
- Operating Company-specific projects for developing and implementing strategies to drive significant value
We welcome the opportunity to share how our small-company environments, combined with our big-company impact, can open the door to a world of career opportunities for you.
Position locations are determined by business needs and may be available at various Johnson & Johnson operating companies located across the U.S. Most roles will be based in the NJ/PA area, including New Brunswick NJ, Raritan NJ, Somerville NJ, Bridgewater NJ, Skillman NJ, Titusville NJ, Fort Washington PA, Horsham PA. Other possibilities may include Raynham MA, Jacksonville FL, Tampa, FL, Cincinnati OH, and Irvine, CA.
- Must be a matriculated student completing his/her MBA or graduate degree between December 2019 and July 2020.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Have prior full time*, professional work and/or military experience: preference for 60 months / 5 years or more
- *Full time is equivalent to working 40 hours or more weekly, on a continuous basis
- Relevant course work in Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Logistics is highly preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills (both oral and written) – within all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities are essential.
- Strong project management, analytics, and problem-solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Requires the ability to think strategically and creatively, to thrive in ambiguity, and to deliver results.
Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
North America-United States-Florida-Jacksonville, North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, North America-United States-California-Irvine, North America-United States-Florida-Tampa, North America-United States-Florida-Titusville, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)