Auris is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join a team of talented roboticists and software engineers who are trying to solve some of the hardest problems in medicine today in Milpitas, California.
Auris is a technology company defining the future of medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
The Staff Software Engineer - Robotics will play a key role in the design and development of the platform software, focusing on robotic algorithms and hardware integration. The position requires not only solid programming skills, but also the capacity to act as a technical lead for the team by overseeing technical design and mentoring. The Staff Software Engineer scope goes beyond the software team’s needs and should have an organizational impact that drives the technical long-term roadmap at Auris. He/she will work closely with the other software engineers as well as engineers from other groups to lead architecture decisions and implement and test software solutions based on clinical and user requirements. We are looking for a candidate who can work in a cross-functional team, is flexible, self-motivated, curious and passionate about revolutionizing the world of medical robotics.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Work with software and other engineers (mechanical, electrical, systems) as part of a focused cross-functional team developing software for medical applications
• Work closely with systems engineers to design, implement and test robotic models and algorithms (kinematics, dynamics, controls, etc.) on the hardware platforms
• Design and implement C++ software in a real-time, and FDA-regulated environment
• Understand user needs, clinical needs, and customer input requirements to drive the software feature development
• Lead design discussions and code reviews
• Mentor and guide engineering team members
• BS in Robotics, Computer Science, or equivalent is required: MS or PhD. is highly preferred
• BS with 14 plus years or MS or PhD. with 10+ years hands-on experience designing and implementing software for robotic systems
• Strong background in robotics, including kinematics, dynamics, and controls preferred
• Excellent C/C++ programming skills and software engineering habits is required
• Significant experience with real-time OS (RTOS) such as QNX is preferred
• Significant experience with industrial control networks such as EtherCAT and CAN is preferred
• Knowledge with low-level motor controllers is preferred
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820.
• Experience in the medical device industry is preferred
• Experience working in an Agile development environment is preferred
• Familiarity with multibody collision detection is preferred
• Ability to travel up to 10%, domestically and international is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)