Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Project Manager, Medical Device - Digital Strategy
Requisition ID: 7208180326
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Project Manager, Medical Device - Digital Strategy to support our Medical Devices business. This position will be located in New Brunswick, NJ or Somerville, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopedics, neurovascular, surgery, vision care, diagnostics, diabetes care, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, sports medicine, and aesthetics. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (MD) is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. Johnson & Johnson MD is currently $21 billion in Worldwide sales. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
The Project Manager, Medical Device - Digital Strategy will be a key supporting role in the team on the forefront of digital technology for the medical device sector globally. This individual will support the Global Program Leader, Digital Strategy with all aspects of the technical process and content teams. He/she will demonstrate strong project management skills with flawless attention to detail and a high level of organizational and communication skills.
The Project Manager, Medical Device - Digital Strategy will be accountable for achieving project objectives, ensuring effective integration of new systems and technologies, oversight of the content migration timeline, meeting time and budget requirements, directing all project resources, and helping the business partner(s) realize the desired business goals for the project(s). The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter who can work in ambiguity, a strong collaborator that takes the time to understand the key stakeholders to drive improvements and efficiently complete all aspects of technical documentation, standards and procedures. Additional responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to:
- Coordinate content migration timelines across all franchises, regions, and functional areas globally to support the JNJMedicalDevices.com website
- Manage the budget and report out to the Digital Leadership Team
- Independently solve problems and resolve issues within area of expertise or escalate problems to the appropriate resource
- Analyze a chain of events and apply technical knowledge; collect facts and basic rationale to make recommendations for problem resolution
- Apply compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provide documentation as necessary, and participate in compliance activities as required
- Responsible for managing risks across program including mitigation plans and holding owners accountable
- Responsible for building and maintaining overall program schedule, working with project managers across work streams to identify dependencies
- Responsible for partnering with Project Managers to deliver a holistic Project Plan
- Responsible for building a base communication plan and communication artifacts.
- Applies project management methodology to determine the appropriate timeline and budget needed
- Understanding of critical project and program management considerations (i.e., risk, architectural, compliance, change, release, etc.), and ability to factor them into decisions and recommendations
- Understanding of the Strategic Initiatives and how it relates to the associated JJD & JJT roadmap
- Work with cross–functional teams throughout the execution of the program
- Assist Product Owner and Global Business Lead in building accurate project and resource plans throughout the lifecycle of the project and proactively communicate milestones, project risk, etc. at key stages
- Coordinate the week to week workload with the Program Owner ensuring appropriate project progression
- She/he will partner, collaborate and coordinate internally across functional areas as it relates to the Medical Devices businesses globally including but not limited to the Digital Global Council, Franchise, Regional and Functional leaders, Marketing, Finance, Copy Approval, Legal, Regulatory, Strategic Customer Group, Global Education Solutions, HCC, etc.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
- An Advanced Degree is preferred
- A minimum of four (4) years of Program and/or Project Management is required
- Prior experience in the healthcare industry, specifically medical device, is preferred
- PMP Certification is preferred
- Experience at a digital agency within projects that delivered websites and digital products is preferred
- The ability to navigate a highly matrixed environment and apply that knowledge/expertise is required
- The ability to work on tactical tasks to support the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies Digital Strategy is required
- Prior experience with change management with the ability to influence is preferred
- Experience with MS Project, MS Office 365 Suite (strong PowerPoint), Agile Project Management Tools (i.e. JIRA, RallyDev, Trellow, etc), and/or working with collaboration tools such as Skype, WebEx, MS Teams, SharePoint, etc. is preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills regardless of the levels of the audience within the organization is required
This position can be based in Somerville, NJ or New Brunswick, NJ, with frequent travel between both. This position requires up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
IT Project Management