At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
- Setting the strategy and leading operational execution for the Neuroscience group within Regulatory Medical Writing.
- Resource management and allocation in Neuroscience. Excellent organizational ability to balance workload and ensure appropriate resources are in place and assigned.
- Able to provide clear direction and instruction to direct reports within responsible area. This includes a strong focus on leadership and talent development, and frequent engagement with staff on employee development and performance management.
- Partner with leaders across R&D functions to successfully and efficiently provide high quality medical writing deliverables.
- Trusted, versatile leader with demonstrated experience in leading and managing cross functional, global, matrix teams.
- Participates in and/or lead cross-functional process or strategic initiatives, and able to represent Regulatory Medical Writing and Janssen in industry working groups.
- Serve as Sponsor for internal initiatives/Communities of Practice related to process improvements, regulatory compliance and other key department activities.
- You will report to the Global Head of Regulatory Medical Writing and work within the Regulatory Medical Writing Senior Leadership Team to facilitate operational excellence across the department. You will be able to represent Regulatory Medical Writing in a leadership capacity.
- Contributes to development and analysis of performance metrics to help identify ways to raise department standards.
- A strong and consistent track record of business results - strong execution; always meeting or exceeding goals and expectations.
- Able to think globally to ensure the objectives of the department are met, while balancing the needs of the individual project teams.
- Ability to lead, inspire and influence teams through rapidly changing organizational and business challenges.
- Proven ability to attract, retain, motivate, and develop an outstanding talent pipeline.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to build relationships, act as change agent, and adapt to rapidly changing organizational & business challenges.
- Lead discussions with senior internal and external colleagues to strengthen coordination between departments.
- Ability to collaborate internally and develop effective partnerships with leaders of key functional partners including Clinical, Biostatistics, Statistical Programming, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Operations and Drug Safety.
- A university/college degree in a scientific discipline is required plus at least 16 years of relevant pharmaceutical/scientific experience. An advanced degree (eg, Masters, PhD, MD) is preferred.
- At least 14 years of relevant medical writing experience is required.
- Must have considerable experience as a people manager.
- Expertise in project management and process improvement is required.
- Proven track record of leadership within pharmaceutical clinical development functions, working and influencing within a global matrix environment.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
United States-New Jersey-Raritan, United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)