Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior R&D Electrical Engineer
Requisition ID: 7173180717
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Senior R&D Electrical Engineer located in JJVS is Santa Ana, California.
JJVS designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal. Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
The Senior Electrical Engineer is a
professional, experienced in the development of electrical and electronics assemblies in medical devices,
responsible to lead electrical design activities associated with all phases of
product development; from concept and definition of requirements to prototype, including
documenting design specifications, unit testing, and conducting system
integration and verification test, to product commercialization and
The Senior EE is responsible for medical
device embedded system electrical hardware design and development. Using microprocessor or microcontroller based
control systems, including but not limited to analog and digital circuit
design, sensor and control circuit design, system interconnect and power
distribution. This engineer will also be supporting product certification
activities, including EMI/EMC/ESD testing, and safety testing.
- Design development, integration and testing of electrical hardware, software and firmware subsystems for complex electro-mechanical medical devices
- Interface with other functional groups and external vendors as part of the technical cross-functional team developing detailed product requirements, engineering specifications, system architecture, detailed component specifications, verification and validation test protocols and reports, and supporting regulatory submissions of medical devices
- Design, integrate and test embedded medical devices
- Create electrical requirements, system architecture, design and test documentation.
- Integrate firmware and hardware.
- Design and validate associated test equipment.
- Generate schematics, PCB layouts and BOMs
- Integrate firmware and electronics subsystems and mange interfaces and dependencies across the system
- Participate in identifying test strategy and generating detailed test protocols.
- Perform formal verification and generate reports.
- Participate, review and approve outside lab test plans, protocols and reports.
- Participate in defining requirements, risks and mitigation reviews, and ensure subsystem requirements meet system requirements and applicable quality and regulatory standards
- Follow a disciplined product development process and participate in technical reviews, ensuring design and documentation traceability, and confirming that design outputs meet design inputs.
- Mentor junior engineers to
help them advance to the next grade level
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical
Engineering is required
- A minimum 5 years of experience in Product development life cycle and knowledge of design controls is required.
- Microcontroller experience desired
- Firmware / hardware integration is required.
Preferred Skill sets:
- Strong experience in embedded systems product development
- Knowledge of electrical embedded systems and microprocessor controlled systems
- Experience with control system is preferred
- Experience with system architecture design, schematic capture and PCB layout tools such as Altium or OrCad
Strong working knowledge of Vivado and Labview tools sets
- Experience in multilayer signal PCB designs and EMI mitigation
- Strong hands-on skill on prototyping, board bring-up and troubleshooting down to component level
- Familiarity with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzer, battery testing equipment
- Familiar with standards such as: Medical Electrical Equipment – EN 60601, Medical Device Software Standard – IEC 62304
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)
R&D Engineering (R&D)