Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Global Strategic Marketing – NeuWave Flex Platform
Requisition ID: 7170180717
ETHICON®, a Johnson & Johnson company, commercializes a broad range of innovative surgical products, solutions and technologies used to treat some of today’s most prevalent medical issues, such as: colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. Learn more at http://www.ethicon.com/, or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon.
The Director – GSM NeuWave Flex Platform will be a catalyst for growth and a strategic leader by bringing new, disruptive technologies to market. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Interventional Solutions, this role will be responsible to create a new product pipeline and new procedures for the novel NeuWave Flexible ablation platform and partner with regional commercial teams to achieve strategic plan revenue targets. The primary focus for this platform is to develop lung interventions with targeted Interventional Pulmonologists, Thoracic Surgeons, and Interventional Radiologists.
The creation of this new platform requires extensive global thought leader engagement, new market / adjacency opportunity identification, business development, clinical data generation, procedural reimbursement strategies and leading a diverse cross-functional team to hit critical development milestones. The upside potential in this category and platform is substantial and is identified as a cornerstone for growth in Johnson & Johnson’s lung health initiative. As well, this role may lead marketing managers in the future and influence a broad, cross functional team to develop global commercial strategies and tactics by partnering extensively with regional marketing teams around the world. The NeuWave Flex Platform director will also support strategic projects for the broader NeuWave platform to further accelerate growth and support patient access to new procedures.
Key Responsibilities Include:
To develop and maintain a database of platform procedure and disease state level unmet needs based on input from clinical thought leaders and a thorough analysis of the external environment (e.g. healthcare, industry, competitive, regulatory, customer, technology, etc.)
Provide the key link between the geographic regions (U.S., EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Canada) that are significant contributors to the platform and key functional areas (Research and development, Business development, Medical/Clinical Affairs, Regulatory, Health Economics/Market Access teams) for the integration of strategic input to assess and prioritize new markets and business opportunities (i.e. Market entry assessments, New product/procedure concepts)
Drive the development and delivery of platform strategic plans, in collaboration with functional partners, regional commercial partners, disease state experts and the broader NeuWave strategic marketing team
Collaborate with multiple innovation teams including Ethicon R&D teams, the J&J Lung Cancer innovation team, the J&J Center for Device Innovation team, external partners and the business development team to address unmet needs to drive growth for interventional lung procedures
Provide decisive leadership in all areas of the marketing mix related to customer insight, new product / procedure development, market segmentation, product positioning, key opinion leader engagement, competitive dynamics and key market commercial strategies in partnership with regional teams.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant business experience in Marketing, Management, Sales, Interventional Procedure Development and/or a related field
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering, Medical Sciences or related field required
- Interventional Oncology, Interventional Pulmonology and/or Thoracic Surgery experience
- This position can be based in Madison WI, Somerville, NJ or Cincinnati, OH
- If not located in Madison, Minimum of 25% presence in Madison, WI
- Up to 50% travel both globally and domestically. This may be greater than 50% if associate is not located in Madison, WI
- Excellent cross-functional and management influencing skills and ability to develop customer relationships
- Demonstrated competency with complex medical procedure development and the understanding of medical terminology and anatomy
- Relocation assistance available
- Demonstrated competency building and executing marketing strategies and launching new products and executing a defined launch process with regional commercial partners
- Proven success in global product management, strategic planning, and managing commercial strategies through regional partners strongly preferred
- Experience with interventional procedures, equipment, and the interventional care setting (computerized tomography suites, hybrid operating theaters, etc.)
- Experience with global marketing, global brand management, new product launches and influencing commercial leaders to translate strategy to execution
- Experience working within a small company/startup environment
- Proven ability to work in a global matrix organization
- Experience developing capital pipelines, capital selling strategies, as well as developing service and training solutions
- Product management/marketing experience is strongly preferred
- Previous employment in both large and small company marketing functions
Other Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to understand a market, develop a business plan, and create opportunity models.
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical and clinical data to support commercial activities
- Ability to work autonomously and within a diverse team
- Experience interacting with and gaining input from global key opinion leaders and influencers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States, North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville
NeuWave Medical, Inc. (6229)